It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2008, 11:37 PM   #1
(female)

tkbhuvana HB User
Smile Help me with ur advice

My son 3yrs old has been diagnaised with ALL Leukemia. Doctor tells us that it is 80% curable. The good facts are his age group and the count of WBC cells at the peiod of diagnosis. It was 15.30.. Is it 100% curable if it is treated well. He is on Chemo now. Iam still worried a lot , but my husband is very much confident that he will get cured. If u know anyone with this leukemia and now doing well... pl tell me.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:15 AM   #2
(female)

btsmommy HB User
Re: Help me with ur advice

I'm so happy to be able to reply as someone with a child that is doing well, my son was diagnosed with ALL in March on a Wednesday, by Saturday he had started chemo. It's almost 9 months into treatment and my son is doing great!!! He's on a protocol, i don't know if your child is but my son is almost done with the intense part. The wonderful thing about your sons age besides his excpected outcome is he's so young his treatment won't interuppt his life much mostly just yours and your husbands my son missed a lot of Kindergarten and had to skip karate and baseball this year,but has been doing so well he entered 1st grade as schedueled and even got to play soccer(but no goalie because of his port) his been in remission since day one of treatment and has never had Leukemia in his spinal fluid, there are always set backs like a fever which will land you in the hospital for a bit but as long as your positve and try to keep as much normalcy in your lives as you can your son will do wonderful too, my son is excpected to be "cured" at the end of his treatment. But he'll always have to take precautions like if he gets a fever even as a young adult, he will have to see his pedi hem/onc doctor. I wish you and your family so much luck, once again be positive, and if it creeps up cry at night when your son is sleeping, talk with your husband, so its all out and in the morning your ready to be there for him, thats what i do! God Bless

Last edited by btsmommy; 10-20-2008 at 10:17 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread