It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2008, 02:14 AM   #1
(female)

angryt HB User
Leukemia and lymph nodes

Hi, I've found a hardish swollen lymph node under my jaw about 4 months ago, the doctor gave me antibiotics but they didn't help. In fact I started getting chest and upper back pain. He did some blood tests, and repeated my wbc and liver test but said everything was ok.

I began feeling exhausted along with my almost constant chest and back pain, and then had a horrid nagging pain in my left side under my ribs. The lymph node didn't go down so he did more blood tests, again I was told they were fine. So i went back to tell him I'm feeling really unwell, and the doctor said that the tests, (both the recent ones and the last one) weren't fine at all, and he has no idea why they said they were, as my white cell count is high (he wouldn't tell me how high) but it usually indicated infection.

He sent me for a chest xray and put me in for an ultrasound of my spleen, but its been a few weeks now and i'm still waiting for that ultrasound. Meanwhile my lymph node has got bigger and harder, there seems to be more than one in that area now, and a swelling in my collar bone area that is quite soft, also the nodes on the other side of my jaw seem to be swelling too. He's tested me for mono so its not that.

Somtimes they ache, sometimes not, but I am so so so tired, all the time. And my chest and back ache reguarly.

My question really is, while I wait for my scan, does this sound like something like CLL? Chronic Lymphocyte Leukemia? I don't bruise easily and I haven't lost much weight (i'm am dieting) but if it was chronic, and I was in the early stages would I have bruising and weight loss already?

Thanks for everyone who helps, i'm very worried.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2008, 07:51 AM   #2
(male)

Luckman42 HB User
Re: Leukemia and lymph nodes

I'm sure there are other things that could cause the swelling in your Lymphnodes other than CLL. If you have a high White Blood Count (WBC) your Dr. may suggest a bone marrow biopsy to determine whether or not it is CLL. I have stage 1 and while I am experiencing swollen Lymphnodes I haven't had any bruising or weight loss. Seems like the WBC is the indicator that should be raising flags for your Dr.?
Smile, it'll be ok!

Old 02-15-2009, 03:32 PM   #3
(female)

loubie lou HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryt View Post
Hi, I've found a hardish swollen lymph node under my jaw about 4 months ago, the doctor gave me antibiotics but they didn't help. In fact I started getting chest and upper back pain. He did some blood tests, and repeated my wbc and liver test but said everything was ok.

I began feeling exhausted along with my almost constant chest and back pain, and then had a horrid nagging pain in my left side under my ribs. The lymph node didn't go down so he did more blood tests, again I was told they were fine. So i went back to tell him I'm feeling really unwell, and the doctor said that the tests, (both the recent ones and the last one) weren't fine at all, and he has no idea why they said they were, as my white cell count is high (he wouldn't tell me how high) but it usually indicated infection.

He sent me for a chest xray and put me in for an ultrasound of my spleen, but its been a few weeks now and i'm still waiting for that ultrasound. Meanwhile my lymph node has got bigger and harder, there seems to be more than one in that area now, and a swelling in my collar bone area that is quite soft, also the nodes on the other side of my jaw seem to be swelling too. He's tested me for mono so its not that.

Somtimes they ache, sometimes not, but I am so so so tired, all the time. And my chest and back ache reguarly.

My question really is, while I wait for my scan, does this sound like something like CLL? Chronic Lymphocyte Leukemia? I don't bruise easily and I haven't lost much weight (i'm am dieting) but if it was chronic, and I was in the early stages would I have bruising and weight loss already?

Thanks for everyone who helps, i'm very worried.

Old 02-15-2009, 03:34 PM   #4
(female)

loubie lou HB User

just read your mail....has your doc done bone marrow biopsy cos that will give u diagnosis.
I have CLL an been on chemo didnt have weight loss though.
hope u ok

Closed Thread