It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2009, 08:24 PM   #1
(female)

SarahSanuth HB User
Some questions here

My sister-in-law was diagnosed with Leukemia (August 2009 will be 2 years). She has gone through chemo, had a bone marrow transplant, as well as had some type of cord blood thing (not quite sure what it was.)

Well, I just heard yesterday that the news wasn't good and that the chemo isn't working anymore, and that she is going to Florida to spend time with the kids.

She has been trying to fight and do what she can to make sure that she doesn't contract an illness or anything like that.

Do you think from what has been said is that the fight is over and she is just going to make herself comfortable and that is what the doctors are going to do.

What are other treatment options for her at this point? I don't know the exact subtype of Leukemia she has, but from what I have heard, when it gets this far is just a matter of making her comfortable for quality, not quantity of life.

If you know anything about what happens after these treatment options have been exhausted, please let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited by SarahSanuth; 01-28-2009 at 08:26 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 01-28-2009, 10:00 PM   #2
(female)

lotsoquestions HB User
Re: Some questions here

It sounds like she has run out of options, but without more information that is a huge leap to assume.

My husband would have battled leukemia for two years as of this April, but lost his battle earlier this month after a relapse.

I hope I, and you, are wrong.

I wish you the best.

Heidi

Last edited by lotsoquestions; 01-28-2009 at 10:01 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread