It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
(female)

cloudy1 HB User
Cool Newbie:How high a white blood cell count must one have for a diagnoses of leukemia?

Hi. I am new here. My first time on the boards. I was curious as to how high your white blood cell count must be for a diagnoses of leukemia? I have been told three times before that my white blood
cell count was high. Last year when in the hospital for my diabetes, they ran blood tests for three consecutive days and I asked why the nurse would only say- "your doctor will talk to you about it" When I asked the doctor-she said-oh I think your okay just take some vitamins. Cancer does run in my family but not this type of cancer that I'm aware of. Also, wouldn't I be losing weight if I had this disease? Just curious. :confused

Last edited by cloudy1; 04-08-2009 at 02:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2009, 12:28 PM   #2
(female)

sue501 HB User
Re: Newbie:How high a white blood cell count must one have for a diagnoses of leukemi

Hi please do not worry, I am sure that if the hospital thought that there was any chance that you had any blood disorder that was of great concern then they would have told you.
My husband found out by accident that he has CLL, his white cell count at that time was 145 (normal being 9-11).
Please check with your hospital and ask them what your cell counts are and also to explain why you needed the vitamins.
Donít sit there worrying ASK!!
Please let me know how you get on

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2009, 02:20 AM   #3
(female)

cloudy1 HB User
Re: Newbie:How high a white blood cell count must one have for a diagnoses of leukemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue501 View Post
Hi please do not worry, I am sure that if the hospital thought that there was any chance that you had any blood disorder that was of great concern then they would have told you.
My husband found out by accident that he has CLL, his white cell count at that time was 145 (normal being 9-11).
Please check with your hospital and ask them what your cell counts are and also to explain why you needed the vitamins.
Donít sit there worrying ASK!!
Please let me know how you get on
Yes your right-I will ask them. Thank you sue501.

Beatles (and words to live by)

Closed Thread