It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
(male)

blues1986 HB User
Any chance this is Leukemia?

I am a 22yo male who has been going through many things over the last few months. Over the past few weeks things started to progress. It was so bad, I even went to the ER to have a CT-Scan, MRI, X-Rays, and a routine blood test. Everything was normal, but I was still feeling way off. You can read my old posts to see what exactly they were...

Finally, a few days after the ER trip, I saw my doctor who wanted me to see a neurologist ASAP. The main reason behind this was sudden onset of slurring and stuttering. I had a lot of other things going on, like possible epilepsy, but the slurring is what really got the ball rolling here.

My doctor was able to get me a neurologist appointment the very next day (talk about quick!) The neruo said the stuttering and slurring might because of stress, especially because of all the medical mishaps I have had to endure lately. The neuro ordered a lot of blood work, 5 tubes worth.

Two days later, my father received a call from the neuro saying that there were some "abnormalities" in my blood results. One thing that showed up was mononucleosis, something that explains the chronic infections I have been going through. This is where it might get weird. My father, who talked to the neuro, said that either my white blood count is high, or my red blood count is high. My father does not remember what the neruo said. One reason is that the neuro was talking fast, he talked for 10 minutes, and the neruo has a thick accent.

All I know is that I need to go back early Monday for more tests.

Here are the reasons I think it might be Leukemia:

-two months and counting of infections (never had infections before this started)
-suddenly I bruise easily... I am athletic, and I never bruised like this
-petechia... I have them all over my arms, chest, now showing up on legs and face
-weight loss... have lost 15 pounds over the last few months without trying
-chills
-fatigued

So, what do you think?

Last edited by blues1986; 06-19-2009 at 08:53 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread