It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2010, 06:24 AM   #1
(female)

hcwolf HB User
AML Leukima Alternative Treatment 4-6 mths Help PLS

Hi
My boss has been diagnosed with terminal AML. He has been treated in Boston (6 weeks of Chemo) and they told him that it did not work. Now he has been told that he has 4 to 6 months to live depending on if he decides to spend his time left having more chemo therapy. Well, I have been trying to help (he is very dear to me) and I am saddened by this horrible news. I have heard about this alternative treatment in Germany at the Leonardis Klink. I was hoping to find someone who might have some more information about this medical center. He is 67 years old, never smoked, doesnít drink, eats very healthy, and works out.......this news is shocking! I am very desperate and time is of the essence, any help is much appreciated.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
(female)

susie 62 HB User
Re: AML Leukima Alternative Treatment 4-6 mths Help PLS

Sorry to hear about your boss. I have Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia, but I have seen patients get into the chronic stage after being acute. I do not know what type of chemo he has had, its possible that he is just too far advanced for them to do anything. Most likely he had Leukemia, and did not know it. In most cases there are no symptoms until it is ACUTE. They found mine early during a routine blood test.
I hope someone has another choice of treatment for him.
susie 62

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
(female)

NaaLa83 HB User
Re: AML Leukima Alternative Treatment 4-6 mths Help PLS

Have him ask his doctor about trying Mylotarg

< edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 01-27-2010 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Please do not post disallowed Internet websites, per Posting Policy. Thanks!

Closed Thread