It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
(female)

ratmuffin HB User
questions..

Im just a little worried that my symptoms point towards leukemia maybe lymphoma but im mostly tired of feeling like this..ive been having symptoms for 2 months now. At first it started with alot of unexplained bruising a week after that started i had a cbc no differential and
platelet count and that was normal then i went to another doctor and he checked my liver that was fine he also checked my pt
and ptt and that was abnormal.Two weeks ago i started getting blood spots on my feet and legs and now my hips all the down
to my ankles hurt and my neck and upper spine also and i get bad headaches and prescription pain pills don't help.I feel full all the time and when my doctor pressed on the left and right side of my
stomach (where my spleen and liver are) it hurt bad but he said it didn't feel swollen ive been losing weight without trying i went from 120 to 108 .My skin is yellow tinged and im so fatigued.Today i went to scratch my neck on the left side above my sholder and i felt a lump.
Im only 16 i should not be feeling like this i know somting is wrong ive never felt like this before.My questions are
could a CBC and platelet count be normal and i have leukemia? should I try and get a doctor to do a bone marrow biopsy
to rule it out? what kind of tests do they do to rule out lymphoma?
Any input is appreciated.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:03 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

lovetoread HB User
Re: questions..

Sounds like you might have some sort of health issue, but I think you can stop worrying about leukemia or lymphoma. Your CBC would not have been normal if either one of those diseases were causing your problems. Both are very uncommon. There are many possible things that can cause your symptoms. If you are worried, consult your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2010, 08:58 AM   #3
(female)

Stabevrian HB User
Re: questions..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoread View Post
Sounds like you might have some sort of health issue, but I think you can stop worrying about leukemia or lymphoma. Your CBC would not have been normal if either one of those diseases were causing your problems. Both are very uncommon. There are many possible things that can cause your symptoms. If you are worried, consult your doctor.
My Dr told me that blood tests don't show lymphoma. To the original poster- I would get the lump checked out. Let us know what happens. I had a few enlarged lymph nodes under my arm and they ended up being reactive nodes. Good luck to you!

Closed Thread