It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
(female)

kriszaidi2 HB User
Unhappy Symptoms??? please help!!

I have a little girl that just turned 4 a week ago!! My husband is from Pakistan and I am blonde haired blue eyed, however she is very dark ( almost resembling a light skinned african american) she is also very tiny like she weighs 28 pounds ( she fluctuates between 30 and 25) Now she does not seem to have severe symptoms of leukemia but I am curiose??

About 2 months ago she had this little white spot pop up on her skin, over the last 2 months that one spot has grown to hundreds of spots all over, most of them are on her abdomen but they are all over ( legs, arms, private areas, even face) I took her to her pediatrician about a month into it and he just thought it was a virus. When I called him about 2weeks later and informed him of how much they spread he sent her to a dermatologist for "possible pityrioasis". When to see the Derm. yesterday and one doctor asked another doc to come in because she was puzzled as to what it is. They both examined her very well for about ten minutes they both were very puzzled as to what it is. They are not scaley, not raised and does not really resemble Vitiligo ( what Micheal Jackson had). So they put her on some cream and also gave her Zithromax ( because she has pretty bad cold right now) If that does not work after a month they want to do a BIOPSY!. So tonight after putting the cream on I decided I would jump on the net and see if I might be able to find some answers! Afetr doing some research somwhere the net led me to LEUKEMIA. After reading syptoms I went back and thought my child does tell me at least once a day that her head hurts or her tummy hurts! I have just always thought of it as her being a "drama queen" .

So my question is has anyone ever experienced something like this or can anyone give me some direction?? Like I said she has hundreds of white spots complains of headaches, doesn't really loose weight but does not gain either, has frequent ( at last once a month) allergy like colds, with cough, low grade fever, and chest congestion. She doesn't really seem fatigue or low on energy ( but that kid would sleep till 11am every morning if I let her). So with all this in mind should I look into this more or does it seem as if I am a mother just being to worried??? I so do I just walk into the Doc and say TEST HER?? What do I do Please help!! Its killing Me!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread