It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2010, 05:13 PM   #1
(female)

legs123051 HB User
Could this be leukemia?

I am scared to death and need some advise.
I had blood work done from my cardiologist to check my cholesterol which came back high. that is not my concern right now. what scares me is that there were some adnormal readings concerning my [B]cbc with differential/platelet. This is what the test results says:

WBC 4.1 range 4.0-10.5
(wbc deterioration noted on the blood smear.) Fibron strands present. Results may be questionable.

RBC 4.68 range 3.80-5.10

What also scares me is the following:

Immature Granulocytes 3 range 0-1 (high)
Please note:
(immature granulocytes include metamyelocytes, myelocytes, and promyelocytges. Does NOT include bands or blast cells.)

Immature Grans (abs) 0.1 range 0.0-0.1

I took my blood test results to my primary dr and he told me not to worry that i do NOT have leukemia since there where no cell blasts???? also he said the blood was tainted??
Shouldnt he have me take another test? I have been a nervous wreck over this as i have other symptoms.. joint pain, night sweats, low bp at night which goes high in the morning..shakes upon waking..

Should i be concerned with this or do i take the drs word and not worry?

Old 10-05-2010, 01:56 PM   #2
(male)

RANDOL HB UserRANDOL HB UserRANDOL HB UserRANDOL HB User
Re: Could this be leukemia?

With the info that you have and the Dr. saying the blood was tainted, then i would have the test re-done and he cant say no if thats what you want done and also it may be an idea to get a second oppinon and see what a different Dr. says about the results of both the first and second test. It could'nt hurt to know for sure rite? Good Luck and hope you find the asnwers you need.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2010, 03:19 PM   #3
(female)

loubie lou HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by legs123051 View Post
I am scared to death and need some advise.
I had blood work done from my cardiologist to check my cholesterol which came back high. that is not my concern right now. what scares me is that there were some adnormal readings concerning my [B]cbc with differential/platelet. This is what the test results says:

WBC 4.1 range 4.0-10.5
(wbc deterioration noted on the blood smear.) Fibron strands present. Results may be questionable.

RBC 4.68 range 3.80-5.10

What also scares me is the following:

Immature Granulocytes 3 range 0-1 (high)
Please note:
(immature granulocytes include metamyelocytes, myelocytes, and promyelocytges. Does NOT include bands or blast cells.)

Immature Grans (abs) 0.1 range 0.0-0.1

I took my blood test results to my primary dr and he told me not to worry that i do NOT have leukemia since there where no cell blasts???? also he said the blood was tainted??
Shouldnt he have me take another test? I have been a nervous wreck over this as i have other symptoms.. joint pain, night sweats, low bp at night which goes high in the morning..shakes upon waking..

Should i be concerned with this or do i take the drs word and not worry?
I would ask to see a haematologist and request a bone marrow aspiration to be on the safe side!! good luck

Old 10-10-2010, 05:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

pupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB User

I would call up your drs office and ask for more information to help you feel better-I'd skip the bone marrow aspiration though :-)

leukemia has an ELEVATED WBC count much greater than 10.

Pup

Closed Thread