It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2010, 09:27 PM   #1
(male)

webecoxs HB User
Question Awaiting Results of BMB

Hi. I had several high white counts and was referred to a hemocologist oncologist. After talking with me, he ordered a bone marrow biopsy. He said that smoking could have caused the high count but they wanted to check for leukemia. I have ulcerative colitis but he was not concerned with that being the cause. The diagnosis on my receipt was abnormal white cells. I had the BMB and then had to wait for two weeks for them to be sent from North Carolina to California. My question is do you think they would do such an expensive test if they did not either have some other troubling test or reason to think that I probably have leukemia. And why not do other tests first, such as x-rays and scans. This waiting has been hard but I am not sure if I am ready to go this Thursday to find out the results. I have many of the symptoms, but have other health issues that could cause some of them...I think and am trying to figure out what type of leukemia might be the cause, if that is the problem. I know I am jumping the gun, but I can't help it. Thanks for your input.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Awaiting colposcopy results... cinderella7 Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian 4 08-13-2010 01:23 PM
awaiting my OGTT results...but..a.question dvm25 Diabetes 5 04-07-2010 05:37 PM
awaiting colopscopy results, and very scared!! cla0322 Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian 3 01-27-2009 07:04 PM
Impatiently awaiting test results... a3362a HIV Prevention 1 08-19-2008 11:37 PM
Awaiting 3rd testosterone test SkipperH Men's Health 30 07-23-2008 02:19 PM