It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
(female)

fussytail HB User
Amyloidosis

I'm scared.

Last couple years for me has been down hill for health. I finally got tied of covering it up when the pain became to great over my body. I finally started speaking up to my doctors and husband about it. I always hated to be classified as one of those who who be always sick and complains over nothing and made a mountain over a mold hill. I saw that with my mother, who died of lupus at the age of 63....My sister and brothers always talked about her doing that and I alway kept quit in the back ground. I just always figure in the back of my mind I was going to follow her because there was a lot of similar things she went through that I am going through now. Even when I was younger I had health problems....Asthma and sick all the time.

I had many health items in the pass and many hospital stays. Mostly for Asthma. I lost my spleen many years ago and think my gallbladder was taken at the same time. Just was not noted in my records. I had rotary cuff surgery, 4 knee surgeries and one knee replacements. One ankle and toe surgery. Joints are a problem. Neck hurts, elbow and my hands hurts to write or sweep a floor. (this has worsen last 6 months) Finger tips tingles and turn red and sensitive to touch hot/cold items.) Some back pain, knees still hurt and have bursitis, my legs hurt below the knees daily and wake me up with cramps in the muscles and in the feet. I have some bladder infections but not many, I've learn what to drink and eat over the years. My GI is a mess and has not been check in over 20 years doctors justs keep increase meds for me. (going to a GI doc next week). I could not get rid of a sinus infection which was a continue health problem and finally had surgery last week to open the sinus and repair my deviated septum and my allergist suggested a tongue biopsy-which was done. My asthmas/allergy doctor see me the most of the time-if fact, the last couple months almost weekly. I had a bad December. He see thing that my other doctor do not...sometime swelling, thrush month. red and swollen tongue, food/drinks taste different some items I cannot tolerate certain items anymore. Got the result and it came back positive for Amyloidosis.......which bring me here. What next?

Oh, my liver seem to be fatty and had a ultra sound, the tech said I would need a ct scan when she looked at it but when I got the results they were in normal range. But.....blood work up from a lupus test said my liver ast 44 and the alt 70 little high???? Should I push more again for answers??? neither doctors know about the amyloidosis?

Not sure what to do next and how to do it. Any advise?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread