It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2011, 07:44 AM   #1
(female)

Charlottevs HB User
Worried.

I can't get to see a doctor for a while, so until then I was just wondering if I could get an opinion on a set of symptoms I've had for the past few months. Back in February I started getting little random bone pains mostly in my arms and hands which I still have today. Then I started feeling tired and slightly breathless and noticed two swollen glands in my groin, so I went to the doctor and he said I most likely have a viral infection and to go back in two weeks for blood tests if it didn't clear up, which it didn't, so I went for the tests in March and the results came back normal. Since last summer I've been getting tiny (1-3mm) petechiae spots in random places on my body, mostly around my hips, which I told the doctors about but they didn't seem concerned. Probably because I didn't actually have any spots on me at the time to show them (they disappear within about 2 days) but they mentioned petechiae right away when I said they don't fade when pressed on. I told them I was worried I might have leukemia and both of the doctors I saw said they were 100% sure I don't have it just from me describing the symptoms I have, didn't seem worried about the glands in my groin either (they felt them, said they were very tiny and felt "normal") and basically told me not to worry. I'm trying not to worry but I've had the symptoms for so long now that I can't help but think about them all the time. I thought I might have an iron deficiency because I have a fairly crappy diet, but wouldn't that have shown up in the blood results?

I guess that's it. Thanks for reading. Any opinions are appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2011, 02:55 PM   #2
(male)

Martian HB User
Re: Worried.

Hi, im only new here myself, but one thing i would suggest is trying a different doctors. If your worried and insisted they test you you might get results?

Old 04-21-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
(female)

Charlottevs HB User

I said I did have tests. The results came back normal. But the symptoms are still ongoing and feel like they're gradually getting worse so I thought I'd ask here for some opinions on them until I finally get to see more doctors (can't go to the doctor's since they're closed for the holidays).

Last edited by Charlottevs; 04-21-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:12 PM   #4
(male)

Martian HB User

Im sorry, i know you did, i didnt realise they done complete tests, i meant for you to try a differnent doctors and see if there was any stone unturned.

Closed Thread