It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2011, 08:23 AM   #1
(female)

hipgram HB User
Newly Diagnosed-CLL-Introduction

I am 67 and was diagnosed with Stage 2 CLL in June after a BMB and blood tests. In Watch and wait with 11q deletion, unmutated, positive Zap 70, Neg. CD38 and scan showing small lymphs in lower back, neck, shoulders and hip. I am always tired and have mild night sweats.
My mom had indolent CLL for over 15 years and lived to age 91 but her sister had thrombocytemia vera and AML and wasn't that lucky. Now my aunt's son is starting off the same was as his mom with thrombocytemia vera. I truly believe there is a familial component to these blood cancers.
I know I will have lots of questions as I traverse this difficult disease over the next few years. Right now I am just coping with the whole idea.
best wishes to all of you out there.
LindaQ

Last edited by hipgram; 08-20-2011 at 08:24 AM. Reason: remove smiley face

The following user gives a hug of support to hipgram:
ohiorita (01-24-2012)
Old 08-20-2011, 08:25 AM   #2
(female)

hipgram HB User
Re: Newly Diagnosed-CLL-Introduction

I meant the smiley face to go at the end.
LindaQ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
(female)

ohiorita HB User
Question Re: Newly Diagnosed-CLL-Introduction

I have been diagnosed with beginning CLL, wondering if anyone has any symptoms other then the ones listed by most. Also if there is any symptom someone has that doesn't exactly match ones described. I have very mild hot flashes at night but not profuse sweating, will that come later...? I have been an extremely active person all my life, I can't imagine not having any energy to do most of the things that I love to do. I am 69. My father had it but he also had emphysema, was a WWII vet and just couldn't quit smoking completely so I can't use him as an example. He passed several years ago but not from the CLL.

Closed Thread