It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
(female)

karaya HB User
Exclamation Bone Marrow Biopsy Results

Hi there, I have posted couple of messages although I had not reply on them I imagine everyone is as awed has me and as confused as I am.

I have a had a problem with my blood work being abnormal for quite a while with symptoms and finally this doctor (oncologist) said that we do a bone marrow biopsy..

now after a week I have access to the results (online thru my doctor's office) which included Flow Cynometry (sorry if I misspelled) which I didn't understand all the terminology but nothing there that indicated "normal"

and now I just went in and saw that I have another report showed up I will type word for word Please take time to read the whole report It has no meaning to me it is normal or abnormal what is it? leukemia ??

maybe somebody can bring me some light over it thanks: (by the way I do have an appointment in two weeks to see the oncologist but I am dying more of agony here than of anything else that might be wrong with me please help:

INTERPRETATION:
NORMAL CYTOGENETIC RESULT
this result does not rule out a hematological malignancy. Subtle rearrangements of the presence of an aberrant clone in a low proportion of cells cannot be ruled out. A significant proportion of hematological malignancies show a normal karyotype. Generally, hematological malignancies with normal karyotype are associated with a better prognosis than those showing cytogenetic abnormalities.

the tittle above this report read : Hematologic Malignancy

Please please help ...Blessed Be

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
(female)

laura999 HB User
Re: Bone Marrow Biopsy Results

hey there! from what it looks like that specific result appeared "normal"--but that those results can appear normal sometimes even in malignancies. best to talk to your doc and see what they suggest next to rule out leukemia. good luck!

Old 11-30-2011, 05:57 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Bone Marrow Biopsy Results

Wish I could help.

Please call your doctor and be very clear that you want a detailed explanation that you can understand. You deserve that!!

blessings, Sue

Closed Thread