HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Leukemia (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/leukemia/)
-   -   All symptoms point to leukemia but blood tests normal (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/leukemia/902724-all-symptoms-point-leukemia-but-blood-tests-normal.html)

peachtrees 05-28-2012 07:45 PM

All symptoms point to leukemia but blood tests normal

-So starting in November/December 2011, I started getting fevers (ranging from 99.6-102.0) on a daily basis. Since then, I haven't had many days when I did not have a fever. I'll have one any time during the day but they seem to get worse at night. I also have night sweats that soak my sheets.
-The fevers are accompanied by a general feeling of weakness and I am extremely tired all the time, even though I sleep about 12-13 hours a night with a nap during the day. I tire very easily and the fevers seem to get worse with very light physical activity (such as taking a walk or even going to the store)
-I haven't had much of an appetite in a very long time and I often experience nausea. I've learned to eat through it, though. About a month ago, I suddenly started losing weight unintentionally. In the course of about three weeks, I lost 20 lbs. (136 to 116)
-In December and January, I was getting severe headaches that would last for days. They stopped up until a couple of weeks ago.
-My gums bleed every time I brush my teeth and there is a small amount of blood in my stools. I also have countless, unexplained bruises all over my legs. And I've caught costochondritis and I get colds easily.
-My joints and muscles(back and neck, too) ache a lot and recently, I have been waking during the night due to the pain in my lower legs/ankles.
-I have seen my doctor several times, who has ordered quite a few blood/urine tests, all of which come back normal. But, a year ago, I got an abdominal ultrasound and we discovered that my liver is(maybe was?) enlarged. At that time, my doctor didn't take any action because I wasn't experiencing any symptoms of an illness. Now, I have a lot of discomfort beneath each rib and it is very tender to touch. The lymph nodes in my neck have been slightly enlarged for months.
-So far, I have gotten a head CT, chest x-ray, EKG, and the blood/urine tests. Everything has come back normal.
-Sorry for the HUGE post but my doctor said he can't figure out what is wrong with me and we are just waiting(for what, I honestly don't know). I am out of school because I don't feel well enough to be out all day so I meet teachers at the library, on my own, 5 hours a week. Please share what your opinions are. I would greatly appreciate it!! Thank you so much for reading my post!

Jazzmin2012 06-20-2012 08:04 PM

Re: All symptoms point to leukemia but blood tests normal

Hello, I noticed your post was a few weeks old but I was wondering if you had found anything out yet? I too seem to be having the same problems you described.

peachtrees 06-23-2012 02:23 PM

[QUOTE=Jazzmin2012;5003282]Hello, I noticed your post was a few weeks old but I was wondering if you had found anything out yet? I too seem to be having the same problems you described.[/QUOTE]

Hello! I got results from another blood test about week and a half ago but everything was normal, again. I'm going to talk to my doctor about getting sent to a hematologist/oncologist or an immunologist. I'll keep you updated so we can figure this out together! (:

Jazzmin2012 06-24-2012 07:57 AM

Thanks for your reply. I have seen my doctor twice and he says I am more fit than a 10 year old. I am starting to get really worried though because I have lost 20 pounds as well. All my blood counts are great according to him.

peachtrees 07-18-2012 03:27 PM

Same here. I really have no idea where to go from here.

peachtrees 08-12-2012 01:28 PM

My doctor is pretty sure I have rheumatoid arthritis. It actually makes complete sense. It is just a really hard disease to diagnose. I just learned that it is an autoimmune disease.

Ravi2012 03-11-2013 04:49 PM

Hi peachtrees:
I hope your problem is resolved by now. I am having constant pain in my rib bone/back area and headache for 4 mn. I have had my rhematoid factor test and came back normal, so Dr said that it is not RA. I wonder how your RA was diagnosed?

Ravi2012 03-11-2013 04:50 PM

Hi peachtrees:
I hope your problem is resolved by now. I am having constant pain in my rib bone/back area and headache for 4 mn. I have had my rhematoid factor test and came back normal, so Dr said that it is not RA. I wonder how your RA was diagnosed?

peachtrees 06-06-2013 01:20 AM

[QUOTE=Ravi2012;5145317]Hi peachtrees:
I hope your problem is resolved by now. I am having constant pain in my rib bone/back area and headache for 4 mn. I have had my rhematoid factor test and came back normal, so Dr said that it is not RA. I wonder how your RA was diagnosed?[/QUOTE]

Hi there! I still haven't been officially diagnosed. I'm still showing symptoms, but the tests come back fine. I know that sometimes it can take a few tests or a long time to diagnose certain illnesses, though.