It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
(female)

peachtrees HB User
Question All symptoms point to leukemia but blood tests normal

-So starting in November/December 2011, I started getting fevers (ranging from 99.6-102.0) on a daily basis. Since then, I haven't had many days when I did not have a fever. I'll have one any time during the day but they seem to get worse at night. I also have night sweats that soak my sheets.
-The fevers are accompanied by a general feeling of weakness and I am extremely tired all the time, even though I sleep about 12-13 hours a night with a nap during the day. I tire very easily and the fevers seem to get worse with very light physical activity (such as taking a walk or even going to the store)
-I haven't had much of an appetite in a very long time and I often experience nausea. I've learned to eat through it, though. About a month ago, I suddenly started losing weight unintentionally. In the course of about three weeks, I lost 20 lbs. (136 to 116)
-In December and January, I was getting severe headaches that would last for days. They stopped up until a couple of weeks ago.
-My gums bleed every time I brush my teeth and there is a small amount of blood in my stools. I also have countless, unexplained bruises all over my legs. And I've caught costochondritis and I get colds easily.
-My joints and muscles(back and neck, too) ache a lot and recently, I have been waking during the night due to the pain in my lower legs/ankles.
-I have seen my doctor several times, who has ordered quite a few blood/urine tests, all of which come back normal. But, a year ago, I got an abdominal ultrasound and we discovered that my liver is(maybe was?) enlarged. At that time, my doctor didn't take any action because I wasn't experiencing any symptoms of an illness. Now, I have a lot of discomfort beneath each rib and it is very tender to touch. The lymph nodes in my neck have been slightly enlarged for months.
-So far, I have gotten a head CT, chest x-ray, EKG, and the blood/urine tests. Everything has come back normal.
-Sorry for the HUGE post but my doctor said he can't figure out what is wrong with me and we are just waiting(for what, I honestly don't know). I am out of school because I don't feel well enough to be out all day so I meet teachers at the library, on my own, 5 hours a week. Please share what your opinions are. I would greatly appreciate it!! Thank you so much for reading my post!

Last edited by peachtrees; 06-16-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #2
(male)

Jazzmin2012 HB User
Re: All symptoms point to leukemia but blood tests normal

Hello, I noticed your post was a few weeks old but I was wondering if you had found anything out yet? I too seem to be having the same problems you described.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
(female)

peachtrees HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmin2012 View Post
Hello, I noticed your post was a few weeks old but I was wondering if you had found anything out yet? I too seem to be having the same problems you described.
Hello! I got results from another blood test about week and a half ago but everything was normal, again. I'm going to talk to my doctor about getting sent to a hematologist/oncologist or an immunologist. I'll keep you updated so we can figure this out together! (:

Old 06-24-2012, 06:57 AM   #4
(male)

Jazzmin2012 HB User

Thanks for your reply. I have seen my doctor twice and he says I am more fit than a 10 year old. I am starting to get really worried though because I have lost 20 pounds as well. All my blood counts are great according to him.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
(female)

peachtrees HB User

Same here. I really have no idea where to go from here.

Old 08-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #6
(female)

peachtrees HB User

My doctor is pretty sure I have rheumatoid arthritis. It actually makes complete sense. It is just a really hard disease to diagnose. I just learned that it is an autoimmune disease.

Old 03-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #7
(male)

Ravi2012 HB User

Hi peachtrees:
I hope your problem is resolved by now. I am having constant pain in my rib bone/back area and headache for 4 mn. I have had my rhematoid factor test and came back normal, so Dr said that it is not RA. I wonder how your RA was diagnosed?

Old 03-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #8
(male)

Ravi2012 HB User

Hi peachtrees:
I hope your problem is resolved by now. I am having constant pain in my rib bone/back area and headache for 4 mn. I have had my rhematoid factor test and came back normal, so Dr said that it is not RA. I wonder how your RA was diagnosed?

Old 06-06-2013, 12:20 AM   #9
(female)

peachtrees HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi2012 View Post
Hi peachtrees:
Hi there! I still haven't been officially diagnosed. I'm still showing symptoms, but the tests come back fine. I know that sometimes it can take a few tests or a long time to diagnose certain illnesses, though.

The Following User Says Thank You to peachtrees For This Useful Post:
Foxbluff (07-01-2013)
Reply Reply

Tags
easy bruising, fatigue, fevers, joint pain