It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
(male)

Cole89 HB User
A Very Concerned Boyfriend

Hello, I am posting here for some advice hopefully. Well I have had a
girlfriend now for a few months, and things were going flawless, but eventually
she had something she had to tell me. She wanted to at first, and kinda was
giving me hints, but she eventually had to say it. She has leukemia. I am
brand new to the knowledge of this cancers specifics, im trying to understand the specific types, and what she has. I just hate to upset her with my obvious questions. The bigger issue though is the drastic changes I have witnessed her going through. She is in the hospital now, and has just done her first cycle of chemotherapy. Well I believe that now shes in a dilemma, she said that her kidneys and liver are going bad and chemo is hurting her, and if she does another cycle she has a high chance of fatality. Whats making it worse is its so hard to talk to her now about it. Which is why im hoping to maybe refer here more. Being its a new relationship, I am not exaclty sure how to help. She is closing up on me and all her family. I can see all the signs, from nightmares, to just being completely different. I just am realy nervous, She has been coughing up a lot of blood, and is very weak. She does not even want to talk to me anymore, saying I have to get used to her not being around anymore. It has put me in a very tough spot, because my heart is hurting for her. I just am not sure if maybe shes just getting realy depressed, or shes truely dying, she makes it sound like she's to pass away any day now. She said her next cycle (2nd one) will be in three days, and im just so lost. She barely talks to me anymore, and I feel so powerless. is there anything medically I can maybe do perhaps to advise her, I know the drs. probably are on top of it, its still a very tough thing to have to hear and go through.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: A Very Concerned Boyfriend

I am so terribly sorry for what you and your girlfriend are going through. I wish I could be of more help.... please don't be afraid to ask questions of her and even of her family, if they know more than you do. You love her and want to understand what's going on.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
(male)

Cole89 HB User
Unhappy Re: A Very Concerned Boyfriend

Thank you slenderella, I appreciate anything honestly. I just am so confused, and scared for her. I hate feeling so powerless. I was just not sure if maybe I understand more about what shes going through, I guess. Thank you for reply.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User

Powerless is a good word, but knowledge is power, so please ask questions so that you know what you're dealing with.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #5
(male)

Cole89 HB User

very true thank you. its just scary. I'm going to have to do that.

Closed Thread

Tags
boyfriend, hospital, leukemia