It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 05:27 AM   #1
(male)

Dire distortion HB User
Relapsed aml

Hi guys

I was diagnosed with aml in feb of last year (2012). I had two courses of chemotherapy followed by a bone marrow transplant. Unfortunately in feb of this year I was told it had come back. I am now undergoing a doner lymphocyte infusion (DLI). I am hopeful this will put me back in to a state of remission but I just can't help to wonder for how long is this a realistic shot at a cure. I'm hoping this puts me at 100% doner I am only 26 so I am hopeful that I can with stand the treatment.

If anyone is or has been in the same boat I would love your input.

Many thanks

Old 04-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #2
(female)

grover771 HB User
Smile Re: Relapsed aml

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire distortion View Post
Hi guys

I was diagnosed with aml in feb of last year (2012). I had two courses of chemotherapy followed by a bone marrow transplant. Unfortunately in feb of this year I was told it had come back. I am now undergoing a doner lymphocyte infusion (DLI). I am hopeful this will put me back in to a state of remission but I just can't help to wonder for how long is this a realistic shot at a cure. I'm hoping this puts me at 100% doner I am only 26 so I am hopeful that I can with stand the treatment.

If anyone is or has been in the same boat I would love your input.

Many thanks
I'm not in "the same boat" as you Dire Distortion, but I can tell you that my sister has AML and had her stem cell transplant last May. She has had some problems, but is doing well. What amazes me about her (she's 55 now.. Diagnosed 2 years ago), is her strength and conviction about getting better. You still have a lot of years ahead of you, so continue to think positively, do your research, eat healthy and...if its your thing, pray. You are not alone. We are out here for you.

Best of luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply