It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2004, 02:09 PM   #1
(male)

SmithJ HB User
Dark Circles Around Eyes

Apologies but not sure where to post this but believe that due to some of the symptoms (esp. eyes) it may have something to do with my liver. I am a 25 year old male and would appreciate any help or comments with this problem.
Never had any particular health problems before.

Nov 2002 – Became extremely unwell after having a flu vaccine (to which I didn’t produce any antibodies). After a seven day gap of feeling extremely tired and spaced out I began to suffer from severe rigors, nausea and vomiting (felt like an extreme version of flu) and had the most appalling black circles around my eyes. These symptoms continued for 6 months before I felt well enough to be able to return to work.

During the last eighteen months I have continued to work 70+ hours a week and while improving I have continued to have reoccurring periods of symptoms as described above. As well as always having dark circles around my eyes the symptoms tend to follow a pattern as follows (lasting, at present, 24-48h):
Painful neck and feeling of light headedness (eyes look very ill)
Nausea
Slightly elevated temperature
Chills (rigors)
Exhaustion and return to normality

These symptoms have gradually become more sporadic and less severe as time has progressed and between episodes I am able to do considerable exercise (e.g. mountain climbing). I can find no specific correlation between anything I do / eat and these episodes except a distinct increase in the likelihood of them occurring following a period of rest (e.g. a “lazy day”) and the possibility of easing symptoms through exercise. I have consulted numerous doctors about the condition and while all are in agreement that I am (esp. at times) extremely unwell they have yet to find anything specifically wrong. I would really appreciate anybody’s thoughts on the matter as I doubt my situation is wholly unique.

Many thanks

James

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2004, 07:03 PM   #2

lisamariaweiss HB User
Re: Dark Circles Around Eyes

I also have dark circles around my eyes and I know it must be due to my liver or being in pain all of the time. I have been researching it on the net and one of the key signs of the liver not functioning is dark circles....so it might be good for you to get a 'liver function panel' workup. I would ask your doctor to order one. Another tip might be to take supplements to help your liver regenerative. I normally don't believe in the hype of herbs...but milk thistle is a plant that has been proven my medical studies over and over for helping get rid of the toxins in the liver and regenerating healthy tissue. Another herb that helps is something called 'schizandra fruit'. So if you can take those 2 herbs and drink a lot of water it might help you get healthy. If you search the net you will be able to find good hard medical literature that proves the effectiveness of these 2 herbs in blocking your liver from absorbing toxins...and another good thing about milk thistle is you cannot take two much and there are no side effects. I am not sure about the schizandra fruit though. Good luck.

Old 01-11-2005, 08:58 AM   #3
(male)

lv2flex HB User
Re: Dark Circles Around Eyes

Personally, i think that working 70 plus hours a week is taking a toll on your body.You need to figure out something else, as in your work schedule.Your putting your body through alot, and your liver can get out off whack from prolonged stress.Milk thistle is great, I take it, and noticed a big difference in the way my eyes look etc.. If you dont have your health..what do you have?.. Its time for a vacation. Best of luck, Karl

Closed Thread