It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2005, 03:00 PM   #1

witchesway13 HB User
Exclamation Right Side Lower Back Rib Pain With Swelling

I have posted once before, under the other rib pain thread. I still have Right upper and back lower rib pain. I have a deformity going on. My rib cage is swelling. It is much larger now on the right side, than it is on the left. It is visibly noticeable. It keeps getting bigger, over a course of about 2 years. The swollen area always hurts, it only feels worse when i eat a large amount. It then feels like i have eaten a basketball and hurts my ribs from the inside out. Lots of painful pressure on already sore ribs. DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE A SWELLING RIB CAGE??? You can see it, feel it, and i cannot put my arm down to my side on that side without pressing down on my ribs(obviously not a regular practice). It origionally was was only one rib sticking out, now, it is all the way to the bottom, and almost to my breast line. They have done a cat scan of my liver, xrays of my ribs, with normal results. All the bloodwork is normal. They were freaking out at first because they could feel it too. The skin on that area is very cold, but warm everywhere else. I take the prescribed Flexeril and Motrin 800's, only when it gets real bad. The muscles relax, but the swelling along the whole ribs are still there. I HAVE HAD NO TRAUMA AT ALL, over the course of this progressive condition. The only thing on the net i have found, are chosto, chondrosarcoma, and a few other far fetched things, none of these clues seem to fit the crime. This is what i have been told so far..... MUSCLE SPASMS!!!!! DEPRESSION!!!!! OK??? If i am doped up on muscle relaxers and anti inflamatories, and you can still feel the swollen ribs, then i should be depressed i suppose. I am very happy housewife, i homeschool my 11th grade level 12 year old, my hubby earns enough to where i can actually stay home and rest, oh yeah, i guess depression is the answer??? Sorry to all about the rant, i am sick of being sick. IF ANYONE HAS SWELLING RIBS, BACK LOWER RIB PAIN AND LOW GRADE FEVERS IN THE AFTERNOON TO MID DAY, PLEASE RE- POST, and maybe we can help each other. THANK YOU!!!

Last edited by witchesway13; 01-10-2005 at 03:06 PM. Reason: clarification

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2008, 09:14 PM   #2
(female)

kellyflower72 HB User
Re: Right Side Rib Pain With Swelling

Does anyone have any info on this?
This is the exact thing I'm going thru. Over the course of 2 yrs it has gotten worse. It first started off as pain and now my right side of my rib cage is noticeably larger.

I have not had any injuries.And I was given deflamatory pills for pain. I also am a stay at home mom who Homeschools

The Following User Says Thank You to kellyflower72 For This Useful Post:
rsykes54 (04-04-2012)
Closed Thread