It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2005, 05:26 AM   #1
(female)

Goosey HB User
Fluttering in legs

I have raised enzyemes and itching. I have seen the itching discussed on these posts but I also have fluttering in my legs (in particular) which are like small muscle spasms going through my legs. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? I also get this type of spasm under one eye. I would really appreciate any help here!

Old 05-06-2005, 03:37 AM   #2
(female)

dillyd HB User
Re: Fluttering in legs

I am new to the board I have had some health problems of late but have just come across your message of fluttering in your legs yes I have this alot have no idea what it is but can say that I seem to feel it more if i am stressed got it so bad two years ago after falling down a flight of stairs and fracturing my ankle it was all over both my legs I also get twiching in my eye and my bottom lip hope this is of help to you
Fran.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goosey
I have raised enzyemes and itching. I have seen the itching discussed on these posts but I also have fluttering in my legs (in particular) which are like small muscle spasms going through my legs. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? I also get this type of spasm under one eye. I would really appreciate any help here!

Last edited by francesf; 05-06-2005 at 03:40 AM. Reason: spelling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2005, 05:47 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

TheHappyMan HB UserTheHappyMan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goosey
Hi Goosey.... I remember your posts about the itching.... but as for the problem with your legs - It is most certainly "Restless Leg Syndrome" (A.K.A - R.L.S) - I have it to some degree myself - some nights are worse than others.... You can easily find reference to the condition on the internet through your search engine.

Hope all is going well for you

Old 05-09-2005, 04:48 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

i am assuming that you have some sort of an liver issue as you are posting this on the liver board??I just wanted to mention that when my son was going through liver failure, he developed a potassium and magnesium deficiency.not sure why but the low mag caused him to get these really nasty and bizarre muscle spasms and contortions,mostly through the arms and hands.He would just be sitting there and all of the sudden his hand would just snap,and i mean snap, into these hidious contortions.I ended up taking him to the ER that night and after many blood tests they determined he had,among other bad labs,an extremely low magnesium level.Just the week before we had to start him on supplimental potassium when that was found to be low as well.i don't know why this developed but once he started the Mag ox 400,2 times a day,the contortions stopped as quickly as they came.This is just one of many possibilities as to why your muscles are being affected,but can be checked by a simple blood draw.Hope this helps.marcia

Closed Thread