It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2005, 08:49 AM   #1
(female)

rachelpass HB User
Unhappy Elevated Liver Enzymes and Herpes Simplex Virus?? (HSV)

Hello Everyone,
I have been feeling sick for two weeks now and the doctors have not been able to figure out what is going on. Here are my symptoms (shortness of breath, epigastric/upper right abdominal pain, fever x 10 days, very fatigued, headache) they ran lots of blood work and came up with the AST/ALT liver enzymes at 111 and 271 repsectively after three different blood tests on three different days.
She also send blood work away for all the viruses she could think of. And apparently now she contacts me today and tells me i have the Herpes Simplex Virus and all my symptoms confirm this.
I have looked every where i could think of on the internet and i could not find any association with these symptoms being HSV. Is this possible? One, i am not sexually active, nor have i ever been, and two i have no fever blisters, and i have no genital stuff either. Could this Doctor be crazy and just trying to tell me to take a hike as she does not have the time for me? I feel terrible and am so very very tired all the time, and still have the fever too. Any help and advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated...

Old 07-28-2005, 09:31 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

CircusSquirrel HB User
Re: Elevated Liver Enzymes and Herpes Simplex Virus?? (HSV)

Do you still have your gallbladder? It can be diseased even without stones, and it can cause some crazy symptoms, but it is definitely suspected with right upper quadrant pain. A HIDA scan with CCK stimulation would help diagnose a poorly functioning gallbladder. Best wishes to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread