It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2005, 07:28 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

ktopaz1972 HB User
I Obsess About My Fatty Liver.. Im Tender In That Area.. Is That Normal?

HI THERE.. IM NEW TO THE BOARDS AND I HAVE A QUESTION AND IM HOPING SOMEONE OUT THERE WILL BE ABLE TO HELP ME. I had a ct scan done In Jan and found out I have 1 gall stone. My dr told me its about 1 3/4 in size and there is only 1 of them so she said I wont need to have surgery.. The real problem is that I was diag with a fatty liver... This shocked and scared the hell out of me... I had blood work done in Oct and my liver enz were fine and I was at the dr on the 31st of Aug and a dr read my chart and told me that my liver function is fine... I obsess about it all the time, Im uder alot of stress right now and Im a hypochondriatic , my tummy is tender right on the side where my gall bladder is... Is that normal? I have all these irrational thoughts going on, I think my liver is ready to explode and I spend most of my day holding my side and thinking about it. Im so afraid and I have no one to talk to about it.. I was wondering if tenderness in the area is common and will I be okay? I had them take more blood on my last appt and they will check the enz agian... Its all I think about....... I never drink but I do eat badly and have taken codeine for the past 7 yrs for a back injury. Im so afraid its too late for me.. If any one has some information, please let me know, feel free to email me if you would like. Im glad I found this board.

[ please read and follow the posting rules - no emails ]

[ Please read the posting rules which explain that offering or asking off board contact is not permitted. The boards are to be used for on board sharing, only. The email and private message features are turned off so that use of the message boards remain anonymous. The only contact you may make with members is to post on the board. ]

Last edited by moderator2; 09-11-2005 at 07:08 AM. Reason: please read and follow the posting rules - no emai

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2005, 12:20 AM   #2
(male)

jay101 HB User
Re: I Obsess About My Fatty Liver.. Im Tender In That Area.. Is That Normal?

you did say you dont drink. i do think fatty liver disappears with in 3-6 months after stopping drinking. just my thoughts

Last edited by jay101; 09-11-2005 at 12:21 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 09-16-2005, 07:58 PM   #3
(female)

ponydreamers HB User

I have been diagnosed with NASH at the Mayo clinic by liver biopsy. My liver enzymes are high and i am tired and depressed all the time. I am really afraid of liver cancer or schirosis. Left side is painful. No one seems to understand hoe afraid I am. Am I the only one so worried about this disease? I really need some support. Thanks

Old 09-16-2005, 08:04 PM   #4
(female)

ponydreamers HB User
Unhappy Re: I Obsess About My Fatty Liver.. Im Tender In That Area.. Is That Normal?

Regular fatty liver can diappear with weight loss and excercise. Non alcoholic steato hepatitus, known as nash is a more serious form of fatty liver. do you have nash, anyone??

Last edited by ponydreamers; 09-16-2005 at 08:09 PM.

Old 09-23-2005, 11:20 AM   #5
(female)

wimzie HB User

Hi, I'm just curious... is it a dull ache pain, or tender to the touch? My liver area aches and burns sometimes... ultrasounds reveal nothing and enzymes are fine.

Last edited by moderator2; 09-24-2005 at 06:12 AM. Reason: please delete long quotes

Old 09-26-2005, 02:24 PM   #6
(female)

wimzie HB User

bumping up... i'd like to know what a painful liver feels like? tender to touch?... or burning ache?

does ultrasound tell if you have fatty liver?... or do you need an MRI?

Old 09-27-2005, 11:51 PM   #7

RobRacer HB User

I too have a fatty liver. My enzymes are fine, but I get a dull ache and burning sensation sometimes. The best thing is to lose weight if you have any excess. I am trying to do that now. I am aslo trying to eat less fat, and more vegetables. I hope this helps?

Rob

Last edited by RobRacer; 09-27-2005 at 11:51 PM.

Old 10-23-2005, 07:15 AM   #8

Acheybreaky HB User

To Jay101 -- you wrote: "you did say you dont drink. i do think fatty liver disappears with in 3-6 months after stopping drinking. just my thoughts"

Just to let you know ..... alcohol is NOT the only cause of fatty liver by any means. I have a fatty liver and do not drink alcohol at all. Being overweight, high triglyerides, some medications, genetic factors.....there are lots of potential causes. Can't make assumptions about liver problems.

Last edited by Acheybreaky; 10-23-2005 at 07:16 AM.

Old 10-23-2005, 12:47 PM   #9
Inactive

Moxie75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponydreamers
I have been diagnosed with NASH at the Mayo clinic by liver biopsy. My liver enzymes are high and i am tired and depressed all the time. I am really afraid of liver cancer or schirosis. Left side is painful. No one seems to understand hoe afraid I am. Am I the only one so worried about this disease? I really need some support. Thanks
You said your left side is painful. Your liver is on the right..Lisa

Last edited by Moxie75; 10-23-2005 at 12:47 PM.

Closed Thread