It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2005, 09:32 PM   #1
(male)

fuente858 HB User
ALP ALT Are high. Should I be concerned?

I went for my second blood test in 3 months and everything was fine except the ALP and ALT were high.
Here are my results.
June ALP 126 (Normal range 30-120)
Sept ALP 131

June ALT 67 (Normal range 9-55)
Sept ALT 67

My Dr. has scheduled a liver ultrasound for Monday to see if there are any issues.
I am a male 35, non-drinker, non-smoker, 5'7" 183lbs. I take One A Day Mens Health vitamin.
I feel fine, with the exception of gas and bloating and Mylanta usually takes care of that.
Should I be concerned ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2005, 10:06 PM   #2
(female)

Abbieno12 HB User
Re: ALP ALT Are high. Should I be concerned?

One thing that I have learned from these boards as well as my Dr this week is that it is normal for them to range higher than normal. Mine are about twenty pts higher than they should be and Im like you dont smoke or drink. I had a liver scan Monday and all was well. I did have my gallbladder out a month ago. That can raise your levels if you have gallstones. But anything can raise them...Medicine etc.
My Dr told me not to worry....some people on these boards have them in the 1000's.
Im not a Dr but Ive been going through what you have and I know its scary but keep your chin up!
Let me know how the scan goes
Taylor

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2005, 08:01 AM   #3
(male)

fuente858 HB User

Well, I went for my ultrasound today. They spent about 15 minutes taking pictures and didn't offer any information. I assume they're not suppose to.
I have an appointment Wednesday morning with my Dr. to go over the results. I'll let you know how that goes. It's the waiting game that's hard.
Thanks,
Tom

Old 09-19-2005, 07:59 PM   #4
(female)

Abbieno12 HB User

Good luck!
Lets us know what you find out.
Taylor

Old 09-21-2005, 09:35 AM   #5
(male)

fuente858 HB User

Just got back from the Dr. The tests for Hep was neg and I have no signs of stones. No tumors or cysts. What I do have is a Mild fatty infiltration in my liver. He said this is the most common cause of elevated enzymes. When you put on fat, not only does it go in your belly, legs, arms, etc. but it also can appear on organs. Liver being the most common. I have already lost 7 pounds since my last lab work. He wants me to continue watching my weight, exercising and he feels that the enzymes level will go down when I return in December for another round of blood work.
Thanks for your support.
Tom

Old 09-21-2005, 11:07 AM   #6
(female)

Abbieno12 HB User

That is awesom news!!!
Keep us updated and good luck with the weight loss!!

Old 10-19-2005, 03:36 PM   #7
(female)

cinmn HB User

Did your Dr. want to do a liver biopsy? I am in the exact same boat as you are.

Old 11-03-2005, 09:55 PM   #8
(male)

oilyollie HB User

That's funny that you mention that you take One A Day Mens Health Vitamin and you have elevated enzymes because I was taking the same vitamins not too long before I got the results of my blood test and I have elevated enzymes! I wonder if there's any connection between taking these vitamins and elevated enzymes? I just had another blood test and I hope to hear the results from my Dr. at my appointment with him tommorow.

Old 11-09-2005, 03:40 PM   #9
(male)

Sureshot HB User

Well done for losing weight it can be a tough road (especially when cravings kick in).

One thing don't be to worried on those results, even if they were a problem which they don't look that bad (nothing for serious concern) they wouldn't go down quickly, the Liver takes a very long time to repair itself.

Closed Thread