It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2006, 06:43 PM   #1
(female)

Psylent HB User
an unhappy liver? what the..

My doctor says i have gallstones, i had had them for about a year, The pain that comes from them is insane! But i have found that by avoiding certain foods (like pizza, my fave) i can avoid the attacks. But i had my routine blood tests for pregnancy and the doc says my liver 'isnt happy' about the gallstones. I have an appt at the hospital to discuss surgery but being pregnant they dont like to opperate. So not sure what will happen there. But i have read a lot about gallstones, but i didnt know it could affect my liver, what do you think the doctor meant about my liver not being happy?

Old 03-09-2006, 10:07 AM   #2
(female)

nobodytotalkto HB User
Re: an unhappy liver? what the..

It could mean that your liver is inflamed. I have read about that, and since he specifically used that phrase, perhaps thats what he meant.

I also have gallstones. They're a pain, aren't they? I have been lucky and have only had two of what I guess are gallstone attacks. They are very painful! I was told by my doctor that I needed to have my gallbladder removed and needed to schedule the surgery. Somehow, I just don't feel comfortable with that idea. I know people who have kidney stones, and they dont have to have their kidneys removed! So I decided to try a Liver flush, with the help of a fellow "health boarder". I couldn't be happier. It was so easy...and let me tell you, I was really scared about it. But after seeing between 500-2,000 stones in the toilet the next morning, I was beyond happy. I know I still have a ways to go, along with more flushes, but I am looking forward to it and keeping my gallbladder.

Just a couple quick comments. I wouldn't think that surgery would be safe for either you or your baby, since you do have to be knocked out. Also, something that I have found out (but doctors refuse to warn you about) is having a gallbladder removed increases your risk of colon cancer. The bile that should be broken down by the gallbladder, continuously drips down, causing unseen problems. Just something to think about.

Good luck with whatever you do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2006, 02:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

I second that!

NOBODY should elect for gall bladder surgery before trying a LIVER/GALL BLADDER FLUSH. I am by no means "new age" oriented but this ancient treatment for stones is a winner. A couple days inconvenience and about $5 worth of stuff...including $4 worth of apple juice is all you need.
Total ingredients needed:
Epsom salts
2 Grapefruit
4 ounces oil (olive, canola, corn)
A gallon of apple juice.

(And a collander if you want to catch the stones! )

You can ALWAYS opt for surgery later if you wish. The opposite scenario isn't possible.

Last edited by Lenin; 03-09-2006 at 02:38 PM.

Old 03-10-2006, 03:54 PM   #4
(female)

Psylent HB User

i tried that exact same flush about 3 months ago.. i didnt get anything out at all : /

My ex (hippy-new-age-natropath) gave me the low-down on it, i researched it on the net, and found sure enough people raved about it, i was excited not to have to get my gallbladder out, but after following directions to the letter and getting NOT ONE THING (well i got the runs), i figured it was a load of bull****.

Now i wonder why it didnt work for me.

I of course am not thrilled about the idea of this surgery, and yes i had heard about the increased chance of colon cancer, but the attacks are HORRID, some are so bad i have thought a bullet to the brain may be prefferable.

Old 03-12-2006, 01:58 PM   #5
Veteran

inyourdreams HB User

I've read about people not getting anything out on their first flush. Sometimes it's because they didn't take the full dose of Epsom Salts--they just didn't think those were important. Well the salts are what opens up the bile ducts to get the stones moving out. If you don't take them the stones just pack themselves tighter in there.

Also---sometimes if your gallbladder is really jammed packed with stones, it will take a couple of times to loosen things up to get them pushed out. Did you drink apple juice for a week before the flush to soften the stones? This is very important. If the stones are hard, they're not going to come out very easily.

I wouldn't give up on flushing just because you tried it once and it didn't work. Doing a correct flush will start the process of ridding yourself of those nasty things.

I flushed 3 times in 3 months and it's taken away all of my liver discomfort and pain. I'm now just doing maintenance flushing. Do a search on the net for pregnancy and liver flushing---there's info out there about it. Or I'd wait until after you deliver the baby and then flush. I'm no Dr, but having a few gallstones and liver enzymes that are elevated because of them is no reason to run out and have gallbladder surgery immediately. Every person in the world has stones and they live with them forever. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Old 03-14-2006, 07:09 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Psylen,
Try it again...my first was disappointing...second gave me enough gravel to pave a green driveway!

Make sure you drink 2 glasses of apple juice a day for the week beforehand...it is supposed to soften the stones.

I also make the day BEFORE the fast a day of almost NO FATS...the "Last Supper" the night before was a plateful of Amish Pretzels and Diet Coke. That 36 hours of absolutely no-fats before the oil-epsom salts makes sure one's gall bladder is as full of bile as possible.

Closed Thread