It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2006, 10:04 AM   #1
(female)

fatigued40 HB User
what is a triple phase scan?

my doctor ordered a triple phase scan of my liver after finding spots on my liver on the first CT scan. The nurse said she doesn't routinely order these and is not sure of what's involved... does anyone know? Does anyone who has problems with their liver have pain in your left side?

Old 08-12-2006, 09:19 AM   #2
(male)

kmacdona HB User
Re: what is a triple phase scan?

It's just a different type of CT scan. More accurate.
(cut and paste the following link to learn more)
[url]http://www.gehealthcare.com/twzh/rad/ct/pdf/l15.pdf[/url]

MaC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2006, 09:28 AM   #3
(male)

kmacdona HB User

You can also Google "liver triple phase scan" This will give you tons of information. Your doctor is primarily looking for cancer or any other abnormalities.

MaC

Old 08-12-2006, 09:34 AM   #4
(male)

kmacdona HB User

Sorry. I also forgot to mention, pain associtated with the liver is usually felt on the right side (and toward the back) of the abdomin. This is caused by the liver inflammation. Pain on the left side of the abdomin is probably caused by something else besides the liver.
I hope everything checks out ok for you.

MaC

Old 08-12-2006, 05:11 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

crisma HB User

I don't know anything about the triple phase scan, but I do have liver problems. I have pain on both right and left side. I have a fatty liver, enlarged liver, and a cyst on my liver. I also have a spot on my pancreas that my GI told me was a fat deposit. When my liver gets to hurting it irritates my pancreas, so my left side hurts too. I hope the triple phase test can help you figure out what is wrong. Good luck!

Cristie

Old 08-13-2006, 06:00 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

My son had tons of pain on his left side when he was in liver failure as well as my brother in law while he was going thru liver cancer.there is actually a nerve which of course I now have forgotten the name of,that runs that route and makes ot possible for this to actually occur.once my sons transplant was done and over with that left sided pain went away and has never been back.

you would be amazed the different types of radiating pain from irritated nerves that can occur in rather unrelated places too.just know that your left sided pain is NOT that unusual.Marcia

Closed Thread