It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2006, 08:21 AM   #1
(female)

missesbeames HB User
can you have liver problem with no jaundice?

Hi, I am 29 and lately I have been having wierd symptoms and when I googled them it said liver problems possibly jaundice. I have bright orange urine, not all the time, and sometimes I have gray stool. I also am very very tired, and also have a horrendous taste in my mouth lately, and I have been very nauseous. I was wondering if I could have a liver problem without the jaundice. I feel very bad right now and with no insurance, I am afraid of being turned away. Thanks, Joan

Old 12-15-2006, 01:11 PM   #2
(female)

liver99 HB User
Re: can you have liver problem with no jaundice?

What you are describing sounds like possible Acute Renal Failure. I would go in asap. If you have no insurance, most states have a county hosptial that have to treat you reguardless of financial ability. At least find out what is wrong. I figure what's worse-being dead or being in debt? Sorry, but you need to take care of yourself. Let us know what you find out.

Grey stool is probably from the absence of bile in the stool will turn is light color or grey or white. Possible from Hep. A.

Last edited by liver99; 12-15-2006 at 01:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2006, 07:25 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

miss,

It DOES sound like a case of Hepatitis to me. If you CANNOT see a doctor at least go low fat and avoid ALL alcohol.
It might resolve by itself.
If it IS hepatitis, there is little a doctor can do for you other than tell you to rest and avoid alcohol.

If urine is orange (rather than coffee) and stools only occasionally gray, it sounds like a light case of jaundice. You don"t take B-vitamins do you...they can color the urine orange?
In any case, you SHOULD start taking them, liver problems need B-vitamins.

Does GREASE make you more nauseous than other foods? That's a tell-tale.

Last edited by Lenin; 12-16-2006 at 07:25 AM.

Old 12-16-2006, 11:15 AM   #4
(female)

missesbeames HB User

I had my gall bladder out 2 years ago, and I am still so nauseous i barely ate yesterday. any food lately is making me ill, I just feel like crud thanks for you reply.....

Old 12-17-2006, 05:17 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

just so you know,you can most definitely have pretty severe liver issues going on without even a hint of jaundice.this happened with my son.he was actually down to only having approx 20% of his liver function left when he first presented with any real symptoms of any sort of problem with his liver(vomiting blood at school one morning because his portal vein was closed off from scar tissue)things were that bad but absolutely no showing of any actual jaundice til about two months after when he also developed a nasty case of pancreatitis.then and only then did the jaundice set in.i had always been under the impression that if you had ANY liver issues,the jaundice would be the very first thing you would notice.big wrong there on my part.it all really depends on just what areas of the liver are being affected an how badly.

I would at the very least,go see your primary doc about your symptoms and have some labs run on both your kidneys and your liver.

does the orangey urine look like it could possibly be blood?you could be just suffering from a UTI.this can produce bloody urine,and of course,when you mix yellow and red,you get that orangey color.just getting some labs done wont cost you too overly much,and it would tell you what you need to know,at least for now.if you do happen to have a UTI,it would require anti Bs to help clear so you would need to see your doc anyways.it would be money well spent doing this bloodwork now vs waiting and having the possiblity of things becoming much worse,which could lead to much much more costly medical issues.just get the labs and urine culture and go from there.

hope things are minor.Good luck,and please let us know how you are doing.Marcia

Old 12-17-2006, 10:55 AM   #6
(female)

missesbeames HB User

my urine is bright bright orange like construction sign orange......I am going to go tomorrow to the Dr. Thanks for all your good advice!! no I do not take b-vitamins of any kind either...... I ate one meal yesterday and I had diarhea last night and today...sorry if that is tmi......

Old 12-21-2006, 06:54 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

Soooo,what did the doc have to say about your glowing bright orange urine?UTI maybe?or something else.hoping it is nothing major,please let me know when you can.Marcia

Old 12-25-2006, 03:33 PM   #8
(female)

missesbeames HB User

Hi marcia, havent been able to check mail for a few days....I went to the Dr. monday the 18th i guess it was a week ago, and I was severely dehydrated and they had to give me fluids. I had no uti, but i threw alot of protein but they said maybe it was my lack of eating for like 2 WEEKS!!! i have lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks, so that is no good...its xmas today and still not feeling the best. they gave me anti nausea meds also because I have severe nausea most days...thanks for asking after me ...Joan

Old 12-26-2006, 08:46 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Joan,

They should test for bilirubin. It is the major component of jaundice and is what colors your urine (where it shouldn't be) and lightens your stools (where it SHOULD be but isn't.)

It's concentration in the blood is a direct indicator of liver function becasuse there should be almost NONE in your blood with a functioning liver.

Protein in the urine is almost ALWAYS a kidney problem.

You need some more tests. What blood tests did they DO???

When I had hepatitis, I could';t eat for 2 weeks either (and lost 30 pounds) but I FORCED down 2 eggs every morning to get a LITTLE protein. Eggs scrambeld in ZERO fat were the ONLY thing that stayed down. THe danger of hepatitis A is starvation.

Last edited by Lenin; 12-26-2006 at 08:48 AM.

Old 12-26-2006, 12:52 PM   #10
(female)

missesbeames HB User

I guess they ran all the bloods and she mentioned liver so it came back ok, I am frustrated because I am still ill. I had diarhea again today and I still have orange pee...it is orangest in the morning then gets lighter as the day goes. I do not have the uti or anything, I just dunno what to do at this point. Thanks for the input!!

Old 01-10-2007, 07:45 AM   #11
(female)

ATootsie HB User
Question Re: can you have liver problem with no jaundice?

I'm new to this so I really just have a question! I'm scheduled for an Ultra Sound and I'm councerned about what to eat if I'm diagnoised with Liver problems? Would appreciate some suggestions as to what kind of dishes I can prepare for my husband and myself that are good and will allow me to lose some weight too! Thanks!

Closed Thread