It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2007, 07:19 AM   #1
(female)

gracie4 HB User
What is diffuse fatty infiltration?

I just recently had a ct scan that showed an enlarged spleen and diffuse fatty infiltration of the liver? I am not overweight, and only occasionally drink wine,about 5yrs ago I was hospitalized with pancreatitis,we couldn't determine a cause,this is very weird.My gasto doc doesn't seem concerned my blood work is fine,but I am so tired and pale feeling very unwell.Should I get my liver rechecked periodically?I have been diagnosed with ulcerative proctitis(mild form of ulcerative colitis)Right now I am taking milk thistle and I don't touch alcohol not even wine!Can I restore my liver?

Old 02-28-2007, 05:15 PM   #2
(female)

zetah HB User
Re: What is diffuse fatty infiltration?

Hello,

I am sorry to hear about your situation. To answer your question, it would be best if you google it. There is alot of information out there on this.

I can tell you the following:

Diffuse means---Spread out/ Scattered

Fatty Infliltration means--The abnormal accumulation of fat

What you need to know is that just about everyone has some fat in their liver. Mostly the fat in the liver is caused by poor/fatty diet. This can be reversed if you eat healthier. It is only a major concern if the liver is consumed in great amounts of fat and interupts the liver from functioning like it should.

I have mild steatosis (fatty liver) so I have done some reading on this myself. I was also concerned about it until I researched it.

I hope that this helps you at all and hope that you get feeling better.

Zetah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2007, 06:44 AM   #3
(female)

gracie4 HB User

Thank you for replying to my question,since my blood work is good,I'm not going to attribute my tiredness to my liver!Your info helped!

Old 03-02-2007, 04:55 AM   #4
(female)

zetah HB User

you are so welcome.

zetah

Closed Thread