It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2007, 11:53 AM   #1
(female)

ATootsie HB User
What's this rash from?

Since I've been coming to this **** I have been taking the advice and information very seriously! I was diagoised with Fatty Liver! My liver enzymes were slightly elevated and I had all the symptoms. I have been staying away from fatty foods and going real easy on my Wine intake! I have since had good results on my liver enzymes, they are almost back to normal, I am feeling alot better! I've lost aprox. 12 pounds too! Which I am working on loosing more! My question is? I started taking Milk Thisle. Has anyone had a reaction to this? I'm not sure but I think my rash is from the Milk Thisle. I am planning to stop it for 1 week to see if the rash goes away but if it is helpful in keeping my liver enzymes down I don't want to stop it altogether unless there is something else I can take? I also just started taking Fish oil capsules for help in lowering my cholosteral! I was on Zetia and I didn't like how it made me feel! So I want to try some natural herbs first! Definately don't want to take any of the other cholosteral lowering meds. to hard on my liver!
I am aware to that Garlic capsules are good for lowering chol. but don't want to add to many things at once! Waiting to see what affect fish oil has on my #'s I go back to the Dr's end of the month so I'll see if I need to do something else! So in the mean time I'd appreciate some input and what helps with the itch? Thanks Toots!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2007, 03:48 PM   #2
(male)

danielm HB Userdanielm HB User
Re: What's this rash from?

Hi Toots

I'm in the same boat as you mate. I was diagnosed with Fatty liver about a year ago and got very very sick as a result.

I changed my diet, got a regular exercise routine going and dropped my alcohol intake to virtually nil (I enjoy the occasional glass of wine, but one is usually more than enough to get me tipsy now!).

I also started taking Milk Thistle 3 times daily.

I can say for sure that Milk Thistle makes a very big difference to your liver. Through diet and exercise alone my ALTs were dropping about 10 points per month, but as soon as I introduced Milk Thistle into my diet that shot up to nearly 25 points a month instead - so I can say for certain it DOES WORK!

I have been getting the odd rash recently myself, but I don't think it's actually related to the Milk Thistle itself. Rashes are associated with liver issues, but that can also be caused by other things too - namely allergies.

The reason why I bring this up is because I developed an allergic reaction to Honey after I had liver issues. It actually comes up as hives on my skin and looks basically the same.

Get your doctor to check it out and if necessary, get an anti-histamine to help relieve the symptoms.

Best wishes

Closed Thread