It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2007, 06:25 PM   #1
(male)

arsalan88 HB User
how can you tell if you have gall stones

How can a person tell if they have gall stones or not? And how acn you tell if your liver is bad, other than experiencing acne?

Old 03-17-2007, 07:55 PM   #2
(female)

chayye HB User
Re: how can you tell if you have gall stones

i don't know about anyone else..but i got really bad pain in my stomach..like huge cramps..they did an ultrasound and saw the gallstones.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2007, 06:59 AM   #3
(female)

lizzy876 HB User

For me I had horrible attacks that would last for about 4 hours. Nothing seemed to relieve them. Its excruciating pain. The day before my gall bladder was removed the pain would not go away. It went straight for 2 days.

The last attack I had after having my gall bladder removed was the worse one I ever felt. Which the doctros seem to think I passed a stone. All was fine and it hit me like a mack truck.

I had horrible pain in between my rib cage that radiated to the right and around my back into right shoulder area- It felt like it was burning too. I had hot and cold flashes, and was puking. I felt like I couldnt catch my breath it hurt so bad. The only thing I could do was submerge myself in a hot tub and that alleviated the pain for the time being but was the same when I got out.

Gallbladder attacks are no fun. If they continue to bother you I would see your doctor, because the gallbladder can get inflamed and infected which is what happened to me. You will need antibiotics for the infection.The surgeon said he never saw so many stones.

Utrasounds can detect stones, as well as cat scans. They can also do a procedure with a scope and camera to go through your ducts to see. If you have no problem with your gall bladder they can lazer them

Last edited by lizzy876; 03-18-2007 at 07:00 AM.

Old 03-18-2007, 02:48 PM   #4
(male)

arsalan88 HB User

Is it continuous pain that lasts like forever, until you have it removed or is it like sudden attacks that go away after 2-3 hours? Do they keep coming or thy just happen once? I once had excrutiating pain in my abdomen after eating and it lasted for like 3 hours. Its was like someone had stabbed me in my abdomen. This was like 1 years ago and after that I have been having trouble with acne. I was wondering if I had a gall stone that was affecting the fuction of my liver which was causing acne.

Old 03-18-2007, 04:04 PM   #5
(female)

lizzy876 HB User

They say the pain can last anywhere from 45 minto 12 hours. Depending on how many stones you have. I remember having the pain once in a blue moon, after I had my first baby I started getting an attack once a month- I only thought it was woman problems, until the pain didnt stop and I was in the ER then admitted into the hospital because blood work found and infection. That infection was a gallbladder not functioning, and so inflamed and full of stones that needed to be removed.

Ive never heard of anything with liver and acne. Stress, menstration, pregnancy, the natural oils on your face can be a cause of it.

Last edited by lizzy876; 03-18-2007 at 04:05 PM.

Old 03-19-2007, 02:43 PM   #6
(male)

danielm HB Userdanielm HB User

Quote:
I once had excrutiating pain in my abdomen after eating and it lasted for like 3 hours. Its was like someone had stabbed me in my abdomen.
Yep, I can definitely attest to this.

I had my first gall bladder attack after eating greasy food about 2 1/2 years ago. I came home and over a period of about 20 minutes was doubled over in pain so bad that I was taken to hospital. I was hit with 4 shots of morphine just to settle me down. Over the next 24 hours I had several tests done and it was an ultrasound that revealed the gall stones.

You'll notice they will flare up a lot more after you eat certain foods when your gall bladder tries to eject bile into your stomach to assist the digestion process and cannot because the stones are blocking the ducts - that's what causes the pain.

The easiest way to confirm the findings is simply see a doctor and get an ultrasound done - gall stones show up easily on such a scan.

Cheers.

Closed Thread