It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2007, 11:24 AM   #16
(female)

creinha HB User
Re: Fatty Infiltration of Liver?

Reelbunny,

I haven't noticed any pain in my back.

I'm glad that you are feeling better. I got some Milk Thistle and it sure didn't agree with me. Yuck.

Old 07-08-2007, 01:31 AM   #17
(female)

Donnie49 HB User

Hello, after reading 3 pages of posts concening fatty liver I would like to ask if anyone has been dx with NASH? Non alcoholic steto hepititis? Which is fatty liver to some doctors. I have been dx with fibromyalgia, NASH, and now cirrohsis of the liver. I have been able to keep my liver levels in check for the last several months. Was given less then 3 years was told I would never see my son and family return from Italy. Was also told I could not be on list for transplant because I was over weight.??? Yeah right! That was about 5 years ago. By the grace of God I'm still here. Went to Italy to see family and will be planning another trip for next year. lol I do work full time which is really difficult with health problems and pain. But you do what you gotta do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2007, 09:28 AM   #18
(female)

creinha HB User

Donnie49,

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but happy to hear that you are doing well. I truly believe God is a miracle working God! He's the same yesterday, today, and forever! I have a friend who was healed of bladder cancer about 10 years ago no one can tell me He isn't working miracles today.

I haven't seen anyone about my ultrasound results, but my rheumatologist runs a lot of blood tests because of some medications I take for rheumatoid arthritis. My liver tests always come out normal, so I'm thinking I'm o.k. for now.

They must be really strict on the requirements for transplants to deny you based on weight. That really sucks. What if you lose weight? Will they consider you then if you find you need it?

Old 04-13-2008, 12:59 PM   #19
(male)

gss2003 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarple View Post
I have had fatty liver for several years. They do not really know what causes it but they are researching it. There are several ideas. It can be fairly serious. There is no known treatment but it can lead to cirrhosis of the liver. Then the only cure is a liver transplant. So alcohol is definitely out if you have a fatty liver. Alcohol makes it worse, but stopping alcohol will not make it go away.
The most immediate problem is the pain associated with fatty liver, the elevated liver function numbers that eventually show up, and many people have high tryglycerides and blood sugars. I think IBS is also part of it because your liver is not working right. So you eat a little fat, bile is needed to digest the fat, the liver is slow to respond with bile and the fat goes right through you. I swear it can happen in only 30 minutes from when you eat something with fat in it. Here are some solutions to these problems that worked for me.
1-Squeeze the juice from one lemon and drink it down. This really does work. Your liver may be full of sludgy bile. Lemon juice is a known bile thinner. It can loosen things up and allow your liver and gall bladder to clean itself out. Be sure to brush your teeth afterwards because the lemon juice will destroy your enamel.
2-Take cranberry pills. I don't know why this works but it does. Came across it by accident. Buy cranberry pills whose main ingredient is powdered cranberry juice. The fewer other ingredients- the better. Take one or two if the pain is mild. If it is unbearable, you can take 3 or 4. It won't hurt you and it will make an dramatic difference. Maybe the acid in the cranberry helps to dissolve stuff much like the lemon juice does. My brother had high liver function numbers and a fatty liver. He decided to take cranberry pills and his liver function numbers went way down and the pain disappeared. Cranberry pills seemed to improve my IBS symptoms and make me more regular.
3-Fast 1 or 2 meals once a week. Fasting is a known liver cleanse.
4-Take 1 Tbs. of Udo Oil (Bought this at the local health food store) or Olive Oil every day. More if you can stand it. Your liver needs oil to work propertly. These types of oils seem to lubricate things and get things moving.
5-Do a Liver Cleanse- If you want something more drastic, do a liver cleanse. You can buy one at the health food store or look on the internet for one that sounds good. I found one on the internet. I drank down some awful mixture of epsom salt, grapefruit juice, olive oil, etc. I was sick for two days, but the right abdominal pain was better afterwards. I have never done it again. It was miserable. I would rather do little things every day to keep my liver cleaned out and not be so sick.
6-Take low doses of ibuprofen after you have done a liver cleanse. If you liver is inflammed, this can help. Ibuprofen is an antiinflammatory. Don't take too much and don't take it too long.
7- Drink apple juice. When your gall bladder and liver start to clean out, it will dump bile in our stomach and you may have an upset stomach. Antacids will help with the stomach acid part but bile is something else. Apple juice seems to neutralize the bile. It will settle your stomach if bile is the problem.
8-Early intervention with Glucophage/Metaformin. I recently went on Glucophage because my blood sugars were just a bit too high. Nice side benefit- my liver function numbers got better, my tryglycerides went down, and my liver rarely hurts. I wish I had started this years ago. It took my doctor a few years to talk me into it. I feel like it is helping the fatty liver problem.
Hope this helps. Good luck.
I quit drinking 2 years ago and was just diagnosed via ultrasound with dense fatty infilitration. I've read that fatty liver can be confused with cirrhosis, etc.

My labs were normal too and I have high BP.

I have many symptoms/concerns of cirrh with swollen ankles and discomfort/pain in the liver area.

I am going back at the end of the months again and will ask additional questions, but very suprised so far.

Closed Thread