It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2007, 02:15 PM   #1
(female)

Abby72 HB User
Question Blood Blister on liver?

My doctor wants me to have a ct because he saw something on my liver from the ultrasound I had for my gallbladder. He said he thinks it's a blood blister and it's no big deal.

Anyone else ever have this?

I'm scared!

The following user gives a hug of support to Abby72:
fj890 (07-28-2011)
Old 04-09-2007, 07:20 PM   #2
(female)

dixieagle HB User
Re: Blood Blister on liver?

Could he have been referring to a hemangioma? That is a very common, benign "blood tumor" that occurs more often in women than men. Most often, there are no symptoms or complications and it is found in the course of ultrasounds, etc., for other problems, such as your gallbladder. Occasionally further treatment is necessary. Your doctor will get more info from the ct scan. Up to 20% of the population have these but never know it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2007, 05:00 AM   #3
(female)

Abby72 HB User

Thank you for the reply. You have made me feel so much better.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:13 AM   #4
(female)

dixieagle HB User

Good! Believe me, I know how scary it is waiting for more information about a condition you had no idea you had; you just want them to get on with the tests, deal with it, and get back to your life. I feel strongly that you will get good info from the ct scan that will help your doctor decide what, if any, action is necessary. In the meantime, know that this is something that can be dealt with, if any treatment is necessary at all. Peace!

Old 04-12-2007, 05:40 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

Just to make you feel even better,this is exactly whati was thiking too.hemangiomas can actually pop up just about anywhere.i was very unfortunate tho to end up with one of these little suckers inside of my spinal cord.if it hadn't been inside of my cord,it really wouldn't have caused any real dangers for me,but since it was and it started to ooze(these are veinous globs so when they bleed,if they ever do,it will be a small ooze and not something like from an artery)I had to have it removed because of the risk of paralyzation was too high to leave it in.that was fun.i really do think this little glob on your liver will not cause you any real huge problems.this would be the most likely type of 'blood glob'.good luck and please keep us all posted onhow things go.marcia

Old 04-12-2007, 12:51 PM   #6
(female)

Abby72 HB User

Thank you for your message. I have been so worried about it. I don't think I would have known either but I'm swollen and my dr. thought it was my gallbladder. But then he saw it after the ultrasound.

Is it normal to be swollen? Maybe not even swollen, I feel like there is something under my skin, right under my ribs. It feels irritated.

I will let you know how the cat-scan goes.
Thanks again for the message.

Last edited by Abby72; 04-12-2007 at 01:31 PM. Reason: forgot a thought.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:02 PM   #7
(female)

dixieagle HB User

Hi again,

If I understand correctly, people often feel discomfort where you described from benign liver problems, such as hemangiomas, adenomas, fatty liver...all sorts of reasons. It could be a fairly large hemangioma, which would explain the discomfort.

Just relax and know that you certainly seem to be in good hands, and that what showed up on the ultrasound is common.

Good luck!

Old 04-13-2007, 05:47 AM   #8
(female)

Abby72 HB User

Thank you for the message. I know I'm worrying too much, but sometimes it's hard not to.

Thanks again for the positive post!

Old 04-20-2007, 08:41 PM   #9
(female)

dixieagle HB User

Have you had that CT scan yet? What were the results?

Old 04-23-2007, 07:09 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

I am wondering how this all went too??? please let us know when you can,K?hope all is well,Marcia

Old 05-03-2007, 03:24 PM   #11
(female)

Abby72 HB User

Sorry for not writing back. I had to delay the test a few weeks. I'm going on May 24th for the cat-scan. Still worried. My doctor said if it's a hemangioma, which he thinks it is, that I shouldn't be able to feel it. But I feel something! It's right under my right breast by my ribcage and it feels like it's swollen and it's rubbing against something. I don't know how to explain it. My blood work all came back fine, I'm just a worry wart. Both of my parents died from cancer, breast cancer with my Mom and colon cancer with my Dad. It spread to their livers and they didn't last long. So, when I hear the words, "something is on your liver" it scares me.
I will let you know how it goes.
Thanks for caring.

Last edited by Abby72; 05-03-2007 at 03:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 05-04-2007, 11:05 AM   #12
(female)

Martie06 HB User

I just signed up for this Health board today. I noticed your entry. My sister had a thing like a blood blister on her liver. The doctors were very concerned. She ended up having surgery. The "blood blister was sucessfully removed. No cancer! It was wonderful! I hope that all goes well for you too!

Old 05-05-2007, 08:00 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

depending on just where the angioma is actually located on your liver and just how big it is,well you would possibly be able to actually feel it.makes sense to me.i can feel the cysts i have on both my kidneys and liver,so who really knows?the CT should be able to tell just what it is you are actually feeling.has your doc ever actually palpated this thing for you?he would be able to at least give you an idea if he could actually palpate it.

i do wish you lots of luck with this and hope all goes well on the CT.please keep us posted,K?just remember a hemangioma is just a tiny glob of blood vessels and nothing more than that.marcia

Old 05-05-2007, 04:24 PM   #14
(female)

Abby72 HB User

Hi Marcia,

Yes, my doctor did check me out and he didn't feel anything. I didn't mention before that he thinks I might be having problems with my gallbladder also, which might be what I'm feeling on my ribs. I'm having a hida scan for that after the ct-scan. I will keep you posted.
Thanks for listening!

Closed Thread