It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2007, 10:39 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User
Stages of End Stage Liver Disease?

Hi to all,

Can any of you guys tell me the stages of End Stage Liver Disease? Or how fast these stage last? I was just diagnosed with this, about 2 weeks ago. They gave me no special things to do or eat. But, the internest in the hospital said to get an appt with my gastro dr. I tried once, but they did not call me back.

I guess, on Monday, I will just call and make an appt. with my gastro dr. and ask him questions and show him my papers from the hospital. Then maybe we can proceed from there. The last thing he told me, was that I had a fatty liver?!

Thanks for any help you can give me. I will come back and read all of yalls posts and perhaps learn from those also.

Wannabe

The following user gives a hug of support to WannaBeFreeToRoam:
Tat2dRich (11-24-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to WannaBeFreeToRoam For This Useful Post:
soulmate4ever (11-10-2012)
Old 07-05-2007, 09:44 PM   #2
(female)

wiggles9214 HB User
Re: Stages of End Stage Liver Disease?

You Must Have S--- Doctors Like I Had. They Failed To Tell Me I Had A Fatty Liver But They Knew.because I Didnt Know I Made No Changes In My Diet Ect..,now Im Paying For It Because It Went Straight In To 4th Stage Of Cirrohis.please Dont Wait On These Over Paid Drs,go To A Dietican Right Away.when You Do Go To The Dr Again ,write Down All Of Your Questions About This And Make Him Go Over Them With U. They Seem To Forget We Pay Them! Please Dont Waste No Time Waiting On That Dr To Call You Back! Find Another One Asap!

Last edited by moderator2; 07-18-2007 at 03:54 PM. Reason: too much quoting was clogging this thread

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2007, 10:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wiggles9214,

Thanks for writing and telling me about your experiences. I have been gone over the 4th weekend.

I wonder why drs. do that? My doctor did not tell me this info either. I paid for all the copies of everything concerning my recent hospitalization. I read this diagnoses in the depths of my hospital papers and found out that way. I bet that my husband does not even know what is totally wrong with me.

I knew that I had many problems around this area and have been being treated for the last 5 - 6 years. My gastro dr. has not said anything about End Stage Liver Disease at all. He only has said that I have a fatty liver...

Why do you think that a dietician can help this type illness. I thought that it was too late to do anything to help, when it came to this type of illness.

I would love to hear all that you can tell me. Even about the dietician. My insurance will not pay for that or a psch. dr. I am going to make an appt. with my gastro dr. Monday am. I probably will not be able to see him for 2 - 4 weeks. I will make him wait and answer all my questions.

Sorry, but I need to keep this dr. He has been my gastro dr. for years. I just have to insist on talking to a person and not a voice mail machine!!

Thanks for your help and keep it coming, if you can.

Wannabe

Old 07-13-2007, 11:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi,

BUMP!!!!! Does anyone know anything about End Stage Liver Disease? Any people you know with this illness or sites to look at or books to read on this and how long it might take til the end.....

Thanks for anymore help you can give me.

Wannabe

Old 08-16-2007, 09:26 PM   #5
(male)

professional342 HB User

I just lost my 29 year old brother last week. I know all the signs if you really want to know.

Old 08-17-2007, 02:04 PM   #6
(female)

1BadLiver HB User

The loss of a loved one is devastating. There are no words.

I know I'd like to hear what you have to tell about what your brother went through. It may be a rude awakening but it may help someone, somewhere. If folks don't want to know..they do not have to read any further.

Thanks for your input. Take care of yourself.

Old 08-17-2007, 05:07 PM   #7
(female)

DallasJenny HB User

I agree about the doctors and the info they give.I have Hep C, my very qualified doctor only gave me the minimal info on my diagnosis, I didn't even know there were stages of liver damage, found out later I am stage 3 right below cirrossis. He is a good doctor but he could have given me much much more information when he explained my condition and diagnosis. It pisses me off to tell the truth.

Old 08-17-2007, 08:10 PM   #8
(male)

professional342 HB User

Doctors seem to forget the importance of explaining information or just giving a damn. My brother went to the doctor on the 25th of July with Yellow Jaugance(sp) and the doctor sent him home with hicup medicine. He died August 9th. My brother should have been placed in ICU on the 25th. They just act like they don't care.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:29 PM   #9
(female)

lane1961 HB User

This pisses me off so much.....I keep reading your stuff......
errrr....
Preventive medicine is the only way to go...Docs could give a ****!
They are just planning their next vaca everytime they see a patient!
sorry I am so negative but it sure rings true to me....
that is why it is called "practicing" medicine......

Last edited by lane1961; 08-23-2007 at 10:30 PM.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:02 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Professional 342,

Sorry that I have not written back. My father has alzheimers and Parkinsons and fell and broke his hip in the NH. I have been helping my mom by sleeping at the hospital with him, part of the time.

Please do tell if you do not mind, what your brother went thru in such a short time. The internest that last put me in the hospital is the one that said I had end stage liver disease. My gastro dr. says no I do not. I have fatty liver and cirrhosis. I mainly have to watch what I drink and eat.

I am not sure that I will get the end stage, but would like to know what is coming up, just in case.

Thanks so much for you help.

Wannabe

Old 08-31-2007, 11:51 AM   #11
(female)

girlcat36 HB User

I would like to know too. Am caring for my father with ESLD, he is at home under hospice care. He is extremely jaundiced, constant diarrhea, eating and drinking very little, sleeping much.

Old 09-02-2007, 03:02 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mileena42 HB User

My father was DX with end stage liver more than 3 years ago. I don't know EXACTLY what constitutes it to be end stage. We were told by a VERY good doc that we have that he has only a small amount of liver function, but with proper care you can live that way. My dad has good days and bad days. He doesn't take ANY medications without it being okayed by the doc...(NOTHING)! His liver cannot handle anything. Some foods hurt him, but he was never put on a strict diet. He has been in and out of coma several times over the last few years, we always think each time he may not come out of it. So far, of course he has.

We found out last week through ultra sound that he has a blood clot near his liver. The doc talked only to my mom, so I am not sure what it means for him. She says the doc didnt give him any meds and stated that we had few options now. He goes back in a couple of weeks. I am thinking of taking off work and going along, to hear for myself as my mom is an older lady and sometimes misunderstands.

Mileena

Closed Thread