It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2007, 08:03 PM   #1
(female)

jgirl234 HB User
abnormal liver function and bad b.o.?

i went to the doc for my bad b.o. problem. he told me that he didn't think i had bad b.o. but would run tests to check my blood. i was neg for all types of hepatitus but showed abnormal liver function. could my bad b.o. be related to the abnormal liver function? i'm sorry i don't know the details of the results off hand. i've been suffering from this problem for a long time. it's very embarrassing for me. the doc says i'm depressed and i've started taking effexor (i think that's how it's spelled). another thing that is probably related is that around the same time i started noticing the b.o. problem i tried committing suicide byt taking a lot of tylenol and pain killer meds. i've read taking to many meds like these can mess up your liver. maybe this is what caused it? i told my doc about it but said that since i just had a baby (6 mos) the abnormal liver function would have showed up on all the tests they run when i was preg. he is going to test my blood again in 6 mos. i just really don't want to wait that long if this is what is causing the bad b.o. i've been suffering long enough. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:31 PM   #2
(female)

jmarple HB Userjmarple HB User
Re: abnormal liver function and bad b.o.?

I've had mild liver problems for a few years. My liver doctor told me that I could NEVER take Tylenol for the rest of my life. Tylenol is very bad for your liver. I would imagine that you may have damaged your liver with large doses of Tylenol. I notice that I pass my liver function tests at some check ups and then fail them at others. Also, standard liver function tests only check some liver functions. There are too many liver functions to test each one. It might be possible to have a part of the liver that is not working well but it might not show up on the test that was not designed to catch all liver problems.

I haven't noticed a b.o. problem with my liver problems, but it makes sense that it is possible. The liver is in charge of removing toxins from your body. If you liver is not working well, it makes sense there would be more toxins in your system and that may be part of it . You might want to ****** with the words body odor and liver. Interesting information.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2007, 09:14 PM   #3
(female)

jgirl234 HB User
Re: abnormal liver function and bad b.o.?

i've read that when the liver is unable to metabolize ammonia, ammonia levels build up in blood and eventually in tissue. The odor can be described as sweetish, musty or "mousy". if anyone knows anything about this or knows what i can tell my doc to test this i would greatly appreciate it.

Closed Thread