It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2007, 08:02 PM   #1
(female)

tmat HB User
Question abdominal ultrasound and pain

I'm new to the board, but it seems so helpful.

This morning, I had an ultrasound of the upper right quadrant. I've had pain under my ribs on the right side for a while now. My doc did an exam and felt a fairly hard mass on/above/near my liver. I don't drink, so she mentioned it may be a fatty liver. She is running thyroid/liver function tests as well as many others. (She took 7 vials of blood!) When I went for the ultrasound, the tech viewed many places, even around my kidneys. However, I am in a lot of pain on my right side right now, from just below my sternum (she pushed pretty hard there) around to my right flank. It's more than it ever was before the ultrasound. It's a constant, throbbing pain. Has anyone ever experienced this before??? If so, how did you relieve the pain? The area is just really tender.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:13 AM   #2
(male)

Rheinau HB User
Re: abdominal ultrasound and pain

There are a number of posts related to Upper Right Quadrant pain on this forum and most are undiagnosed. I have had pain in the liver area on and off for the last 20 months. When it first started I had a series of tests, all came back normal. Today I am going in for another CT scan - we'll see what happens.

I wish you luck. If you have a fatty liver then I think your LFT levels would be elevated - were they? With fatty liver, it is normally reversible with diet and weight loss. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2007, 09:17 AM   #3
(male)

jeb1977 HB User
Re: abdominal ultrasound and pain

i had benign tummor which it can cause pain on that area. but it can be a variety of things.

do you take birth control?? it seems like woman who take birth control are prone to develop benign tummors are well... I hope is nothing just a swollen intestine or something else... I don't wish anybody to deal with benign tummors in the liver, not even to my worse enemy (which i don't one hehe!)

good luck and don't worry, stress is the mother of diseases!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmat View Post
I'm new to the board, but it seems so helpful.

This morning, I had an ultrasound of the upper right quadrant. I've had pain under my ribs on the right side for a while now. My doc did an exam and felt a fairly hard mass on/above/near my liver. I don't drink, so she mentioned it may be a fatty liver. She is running thyroid/liver function tests as well as many others. (She took 7 vials of blood!) When I went for the ultrasound, the tech viewed many places, even around my kidneys. However, I am in a lot of pain on my right side right now, from just below my sternum (she pushed pretty hard there) around to my right flank. It's more than it ever was before the ultrasound. It's a constant, throbbing pain. Has anyone ever experienced this before??? If so, how did you relieve the pain? The area is just really tender.

Closed Thread