It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2008, 12:52 PM   #1
(female)

lillymunster HB User
what makes your liver enzymes high and blood test elevated?

what makes your liver enzymes high and blood test elevated?

Old 03-14-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

hopesprings2 HB User
Re: what makes your liver enzymes high and blood test elevated?

lots of things
heptitis a,b,and c
fatty liver
cancer liver
some medications

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2008, 10:07 AM   #3
(female)

lillymunster HB User

OKay. I am a diabetic; 45, 210 pounds, but appear to be in good health. I am tired a lot, but I have a busy schedule. I also drink a lot of water, 2-3 cokes a day, and 2-3 glasses of milk a day; since you are constantly thirsty with diabetes. I am now on medication to lose the weight. Mortefim, I think it is called and for people with type II diabetes. I had a routine blood check the other day. The doctors office called to say, my hemoglobin is high, my sugar is high, my cholesterol is high, and my liver enzymes are high. I have to go Monday for an ultra sound. Breast and ovarian cancer runs on my Mom's side of the family;and heart disease on my Dad's side. One, I know I have to get my weight under control. I had uterine cervical cancer in 2004. I would feel better being prepared and knowing what to expect, than getting blind sided. Thanks for your help, Connie

Old 03-17-2008, 05:22 PM   #4
(male)

rajk HB User

I dont know much about the meds you are taking, but I your doctor should be able to tell you whether the drug causes liver enzymes to jack up? I will tell you, when my mother was taking cholestoral meds, her enzymes went really high and she needed to go to emerg. It was not pretty because those meds destroyed her liver. All I am saying is that you need to go to your doctor and tell him you are concerned that something - and most likely, the meds - are jacking up your liver enzymes.

Pls do it.

Rajk.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:32 PM   #5
(female)

lillymunster HB User

Thanks for the reply. I am on cardizam 240mg for my blood pressure; now he also put me on Metformin. Hope this helps. Connie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajk View Post
I dont know much about the meds you are taking, but I your doctor should be able to tell you whether the drug causes liver enzymes to jack up? I will tell you, when my mother was taking cholestoral meds, her enzymes went really high and she needed to go to emerg. It was not pretty because those meds destroyed her liver. All I am saying is that you need to go to your doctor and tell him you are concerned that something - and most likely, the meds - are jacking up your liver enzymes.

Pls do it.

Rajk.

Closed Thread