It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2008, 01:53 PM   #1
(female)

cjntx HB User
Question What does a enlarged bile duct and blood clot on liver mean?

My doctor called me and said my Hemangioma needs to come out, but they also found I had an enlarged bile duct and a blood clot inside of the Hemangioma. I haven't ever heard of a blood clot inside of the Hemangioma. What does this mean? Is the blood clot dangerous? I know the Hemangioma isn't dangerous. I know what the Hemangioma is. It's just a mass of blood vessels. Mine is 5cm. The blood clot is 4cm. They are going to be removed, but I'm just wondering if someone has experience this and can tell me something about the enlarged bile duct and the blood clot. Is there anyone with this experience? Is there a name for this stuff I can look up on the web? Thanks for your help. Stay sweet! CJ

Last edited by cjntx; 04-05-2008 at 08:43 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2008, 10:04 AM   #2
(female)

neens7982 HB User
Re: What does a enlarged bile duct and blood clot on liver mean?

Hmmmm....

CJ-the only thing i have ever heard of is these things can have "thrombosis"...where they bleed into themselves. When mine thrombosed, I had pain....haven't heard of a "blood clot" though...

It is very interesting because when I was following mine, Dr. G said that it would just depend if the hemangioma became symptomatic or continued to grow for there to be a consideration of it coming out. We followed my three hemangiomas for 4 years. The one just grew every time. Then last year, it became symptomatic...causing very intense shoulder pain...sometimes hurting to breathe...but just because of its location of being near the diaphragm. Then, between Feb and Nov, it grew another whole cm. It went from 2.5 to 7 cm in 4 years. The other two never grew. During my visit last Nov for a checkup, we figured out it had grown again and he just said that it looks like this one might just continue. If I waited, the pain may intensify...and it is easier to get it out while i am younger than older. He said he was going to start pushing me to get it out....so, then he said, how about Jan...I said Dec and there we went. Dr. G always said, he would try to leave them alone if he could.

I wonder if the blood clot is his reasoning for removing it??

Hang in there girlie!! I know it is hard, but I'm telling you...he is the best!! You will be fine! Any date of surgery yet?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2008, 04:56 PM   #3
(female)

cjntx HB User
Re: What does an enlarged bile duct and blood clot on liver mean?

Hi Neens7982 I appreciate your response. I did find out what the blood clot is from. My hemangioma bleed and then it formed a clot. I'm glad it didn't keep bleeding. So the clot is actually good, but bad. Dr. Goldstein called and said he could not do my surgery because he didn't accept medicare/medicaid. He referred me to another dr. I'll see him on the 14th of this month (Apr). But on Monday the 7th, I'm calling to see if I can get in ASAP. I'm in soooo much pain it's not funny. UGH! I've already had my gall bladder removed 4 years ago, so I don't know why the bile duct is enlarged. I'm so scared. So-so scared! Thanks again for responding. Take care and hang in there. I'm thinking of ya all and hoping everyone is doing well. cj

Last edited by cjntx; 04-05-2008 at 05:03 PM.

Closed Thread