It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
(female)

simonsez2 HB User
Much needed advice

My boyfriend of 14 yrs has cirrhosis of the liver. He was told that about two and a half yrs ago. Last Nov he was hospitalized for an infection on his feet that he got somehow. During that time we found out that he has hep C. He was told to stop drinking so he could get treatment. He has yet to stop and therefore has not gotten any kind of treatment. I know he is going to die as does he! Is there anyone out there that can give me any advice on how to deal with this? He knows that I love him and he knows that I want with all my heart for him to stop drinking but he still continues. It's on my mind daily and it seems that there is nothing that I can do. Has anyone reading this been through this??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2008, 05:01 PM   #2
(female)

iluvwv HB Useriluvwv HB User
Re: Much needed advice

i hope he wises up. print out some of the posts and let him see the hell we are going through over this and ask him if he wants some!
but most of all... PRAY for him.
good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2008, 06:04 PM   #3
(female)

simonsez2 HB User

Hi and thank-you for your reply. I'm hoping that he will straighten up. When I stumbled upon this site the other night, I wasn't even going to mention it to him. I figured it wouldn't do any good anyway. However; him being sick is worrying me sick! Anyway, I'm stubborn I guess so when I was getting ready to go to work this morning, I told him about me getting on this message board, and was telling him that if he would stop drinking, there is a good chance he could live for years yet. He seemed alittle interested in what I said and hopefully he won't pop open a cold one when he gets home tonight from work!!

Old 04-12-2008, 05:16 PM   #4
(female)

hey... was wondering how you were doing with boyfriend. hope he will see what he has to loose but not stopping now.... before it's too late. tell him i've been praying for him.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:09 PM   #5
(female)

simonsez2 HB User

Hi, thanks for asking. I printed something out for him to read about the seizures and he read it, left me a note saying he would work on it, and as I,m sitting here right now typing, he is sitting about 4 ft away drinking with his buddy. I think there is no hope at all. God's not even listening.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:14 PM   #6
(female)

God's probably as upset as you are. too bad we have the right to our own choice. let's just hope he opens up his eyes before it's too late. his buddy's won't be there when he's sick. that's pretty sad too. good luck.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:53 PM   #7
(female)

simonsez2 HB User

I am really ****** off right now at this man but then I wonder if I even have the right to be. This is his life and he is obviously sicker then the cirrhosis and hepC.!!!! Alcoholism is terrible and I can't fight it. I can not help him if he does not want to help himself. I can't completly give up on him although sometimes I want to, he is my heart but I just don't know what to do!!!! Sometimes I think I should just walk away, but that's just my easy way out , and that's not what love is about. I've talked, begged, and pleaded, talked,begged, and pleaded over and over to no avail. I'm at my witts end!!! Sorry, needed to vent

Old 04-13-2008, 04:01 AM   #8
(female)

michelle991 HB User

Boy you just said exactly how I feel.....I confronted my husband last night with an empty bottle of vodka he didn't hide well enough....At first he was so mad I thought he was gonna burst. But, he calmed down and I didn't dare mention it again.....Alcoholism is a terrible thing...there is nothing we can do...The first step for them is- to admit they are powerless over it and their lives have become unmanagable....It is just something we can't do for them....I know in my mind he will drink again today - I have to work till 3 and that will be all the reason he needs....I will pray for you and me....Michelle

Old 04-13-2008, 10:56 AM   #9
(female)

simonsez2 HB User

I'll be praying for you as well. This is crazy, we could be writing eachothers story

Old 04-13-2008, 11:55 AM   #10
(female)

i have been where you both are. my dr finally told me to stop bitching at him and just prayed. i tried everything to get him to quit. he didn't quit until it was too late. i will be praying that they both make the right decision before they go as far as my hubby has.

Closed Thread