It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2008, 11:44 PM   #1
(female)

jenny59 HB User
if the bilirubin total of one's liver is low, what does it mean?

if the bilirubin total of one's liver is low,
9 <20, what does it mean?

The Following User Says Thank You to jenny59 For This Useful Post:
kingmom123 (02-25-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2008, 08:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: if the bilirubin total of one's liver is low, what does it mean?

i am not quite certain just what the stated range is about? is your bili at 9 out of a range of 20 as the highest? i am only asking since many different labs do their labs differently and in different ways so they are not always the very same as another would be,you know what i mean? my son and i both have to have regular liver and kidney labs drawn,and i can tell you just from my experience,having a low bili is not an issue. its only when it gets above that high end range or is getting higher even within the norm range that something could be affecting the overall funcions of the liver,or other organs,the labs are all kind of the same way for every tested organ function.

in my last labs for instance, my bili was(and this is how "our' lab ranges are)0.5 with the norm ranges at :<1.1 mg/dL,so i am still under the high end of the normal range,you see what i mean? as long as you are actually under that highest number,your labs would be considered to be within range,or normal,unless you actually see an 'H" or "L" written in between your actual numbers and the range numbers,you are within the norms. was there actually an 'L" written on your bili labs there?

unfortunetly all labs just don't 'do' their ranges in the very same way so it can be kind of hard to tell with some labs(and way confusing),without looking at the norm ranges to the right,to just know by throwing out some numbers to compare,you know what i mean? it all comes down to how your lab does things. just looking at the compartive ranges to the right that are the 'normals' as far as ranges really tells you more about how "your" individual lab numbers are with that particular labs parameters. as long as they are within those ranges,you are probably just fine with the bili. any out of range numbers would just be printed with that L or H behind the numbers,your individual numbers. did your doc tell you there was some sort of problem or are you just looking at your own labs? FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread