It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2008, 06:36 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

kt8889 HB User
Adenomas/FNHs/Hemangiomas (x10)

Juliet, I can not believe what you have been going through. Bless your heart, you have been in my thoughts. I knew something was up. Hang in there and take things day by day. If the trust does not come back and if he does not work his a$$ off getting it back, you need to remember that you have a life to live and it is all about you! I have been divorced for 11 years, and I think Will and I will get married someday, I am not in a hurry, if you know what I mean. I also had the major issues with bloating! It took at least 4 weeks to work that out. I could not wear my jeans for at least that long. Eating out was also a problem. You can order low fat, but you never know how they cook it.
Nessie, bless your heart. Special prayers coming your way. I totally understand what you are going through and I am here for you any time you need to talk.
Katesela, you are in my prayers and thoughts! You are going to do great. Please let us know ASAP how you did.
Neens, good luck tomorrow!
Arlyn, thanks for the FL hugs!
Beth, where are you? You need to check in with us love!
Cailea, You have lots to time to have kids . I am 38 and I have friends that are having kids now. Have some faith and I'll send some prayers.
Angela, great news! Someone is looking out for you!
To everyone else prayers and hugs coming your way! It has been a busy weekend and I need to get to bed.
Hugs,
Katie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2008, 11:00 PM   #2
(female)

tinyt3 HB User
Re: Adenomas/FNHs/Hemangiomas (x10)

Hello everyone,

I am three weeks and three days out from my open surgery. Starting taking ibuprofin and it has helped my neck and shoulders so much. I feel pretty good most of time. Sometimes I feel a tightness on the inside like I can feel it healing. Now that I am over the surgery part and on to recovery I have a question. Do you all just have a ct once a year? That is what my surgeon recommends.? Tonight I am thinking of Katesala and sending good thoughts her way to have a smooth surgery. I was just thinking how hard it would be if I did not have this board to vent and learn. It helps to talk with people who really understand what I am going through. Even though my husband has been there for me, he has also had his moments of getting frustrated. I still get the blues and miss being able to really play with my four year old son. I finally can hug him and let him sit with me. I was way too sore before. My mom had us for dinner today and it was wonderful. She is having some kidney problems and I felt guilty for her to cook for us. My stepdad is so sweet to me and since I don't see my dad but maybe once a year he has filled that void for me. My daughter who is bipolar is doing a lot better off of the medication so far. Melanie is laughing and talking to me now and I had missed that. Valerie who has asthma is doing soooo much better. Matthew is my little guy and he is having trouble with his ear. We also need something going on in our house. I can't wait to see how I feel in a couple months. I went for a walk and try to do that everyday. I don't see the surgeon until August 20th. Sleeping is still the hardest because I cannot sleep on my side yet. I slept 6 hours straight in bed on a wedge pillow and I paid dearly. My back and neck hurt so bad for the next couple hours. My inscision is healing good except for two spots. I cannot stand to wear a bra and with my chest size I really need too. It hurts my chest to wear one. These are all minor things compared to the first week after surgery. I can't sleep so I thought I would just type some random things. I like to get to know everyone.
Nessie, Hope the blues are getting better and so proud of you for quitting smoking. Caeila, Hope all is well with you and sending well wishes to you.
Juliet, I am going to keep you in my thoughts and wish for you nothing but happiness and a good recovery. After all we did our surgery together. Thanks for you support and hang in there it will get better.
Neens, You have a lot of good advice and I appreciate all you share.
katie, I wish we could meet as you seem so sweet and I bet we could be good friends.
Beth, I enjoyed a lot of your positive post and keep them coming as I need them.
Granolawife, You also have some very good advice and I enjoy your posts as well.
Everyone else I love to get to know and share but don't wish this on any one.
Lets all think about Katesala as it is not long for her now. I hope she feels better afterwards.
Take care everyone
TinyT

Last edited by tinyt3; 07-20-2008 at 11:03 PM.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:41 AM   #3
(female)

patriciamia HB User

Juliet,
I am so sorry about your relationship stuff. Guys can be such trouble. I went through something similar with my last boyfriend. So sorry, but I am sure your relationship will work itself it out. As usual you have to be the strong one.

Angela, good news!

Katesela, I am thinking of you and you are in my prayers all day today. I can't wait until you are on the other side of this too.Everyone, stay positive, we have survived so much

Old 07-21-2008, 09:09 AM   #4
(female)

LindaG40 HB User

My thoughts and prayers go out to Katesela today! I hope that all goes well and her stay in the hospital is brief.

Only 10 weeks to go until my next CT! I've felt a little tightness in my side lately, and sometimes I feel a shooting pain, as if someone is pinching me from the inside. I saw Dave this weekend and had a great time , but when we did a little hiking on Sunday, I noticed the pain in my side as we climbed a small hill. Things are great with him, when we are together. The problem is finding more time together. We are not exclusive, so that's tough too. Well, tough when I don't have anyone else lined up to distract me between visits. Actually, I have heard from Marc, the doctor, again, and will be seeing him tomorrow. I think that is just a friendship thing. At least that's my attitude going into it. I wish love wasn't so hard.

Hang in there everyone. I'm confident that we will all be able to meet each other someday!

Linda

Old 07-21-2008, 11:09 AM   #5
(female)

tinyt3 HB User

Linda,

Just curious how long after your surgery did you have your first ct? I am wondering about what all they will do when I go back in August.
TinyT

Old 07-21-2008, 01:28 PM   #6
(male)

SergeK HB User

Hi everyone,

My name is Serge and I am Kate (Katesela)'s boyfriend. She asked me to post after her surgery to let everyone know her status. I just talked to the surgeon, he said everything went fine, she is in recovery now. The surgeon said he had to make a bigger incision than he planed but he didn't think it would complicate her recovery.

I also wanted to personally thank everyone on here. I had no experience so I couldn't give any useful guidance or advice to her. I'm sure Kate has thanked you all but I know how much everyone on this board has helped her prepare and ease her worries and anything that helps her feel better and more relaxed is great. Thanks all and hope everyone is well.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:20 PM   #7
(female)

neens7982 HB User

Thank you for the update Serge! Tell Kate we are all thinking of her!! You hang in there too because she'll feel pretty crummy for several days!! Thank you ahead of time for being there for her!

Give her a hug for us!!

Old 07-21-2008, 04:38 PM   #8
(female)

tinyt3 HB User

Serge,

Thanks for letting us know as we all have been worried about her. It will be difficult for you but she will need you more than ever. In the hospital they take care of you pretty well but when you get home it is so different. Getting her some good pillows from a medical supply store to help her sleep when she gets home would be a big help. Keep us posted on how she is doing. Take care of yourself so you can be there for her.
TinyT

Old 07-21-2008, 08:50 PM   #9
(female)

LindaG40 HB User

Tiny,

If you click on my name you can read all about my story. I think that as of Katesela's surgery today, I am the remaining person on the board who has not had surgery. Am I right, or is there someone else out there who is still having their adenomas monitored like me?

Linda

Old 07-22-2008, 02:37 AM   #10
(female)

tinyt3 HB User

Linda,
I knew there was one who was not having surgery and I got confused as to who. My surgeon was like lets get it done and out. I felt like it went so fast and I was on the schedule two weeks after consult. Thanks for answering.
TinyT

Old 07-22-2008, 04:21 AM   #11
(female)

digjpm HB User

Linda,
I have been following this board since January of 07 when my liver adenoma or fnh was found. It is currently 3.4cm on last u/s one year ago. I will have another u/s in 4 weeks to moniter for growth.
It is so nice to see the support offered to each person as they prepare for and then recover from their liver surgeries. No doubt the love and support shown here is more help than you each will ever know.
I too was on birth control pills for at least 15 years. Take care everyone. digjpm

Old 07-22-2008, 08:23 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

kt8889 HB User

Linda, see there are others out there like you! I knew we had to have a couple women following along and dealing with the same thing as you, just waiting and watching. digjpm, glad you posted, let us know if you need anything! You have been dealing with this a little longer than most of us, but we are here for you too.
Serge, thank you so much for posting! We are so glad that Kate's surgery went well, even though she has a little bigger incision. Please give us updates if you are able and we will look forward to seeing her post by the end of the week. Give her a hug (gently) from me!
Nessie, how you doing over there? How are the blues doing? Are you and the hubby working through stuff? You know that you are in my thoughts often. This weekend we watched the British Open, so of course, you were in my thoughts. We will meet one day my friend, hang in there. If you need to vent, I am here for you.
Neens, you rock lady! Just glad you are here with us.
Tina, keep up the good healing.
Beth, where are you dearest? Please let us know you are around and reading and just to busy to post.
Arlyn, how you feeling?
Patricia, how you feeling? Did you even call your doc, or are you feeling ok these days? Hugs to you.
Juliet love, we are thinking and saying prayers for you! Please let us know if we can do anything for you!
I need to run, my boss is coming in town today and we have a meeting. Hope it is a good one.
Hugs to all of you,

Katie

Old 07-22-2008, 09:32 AM   #13
(female)

judybee61 HB User

I have not had surgery either. My two FNH's were discovered in Feb 2007 - they were monitored for a year, and then I was told I don't even need follow up. Of course I will go for an ultrasound every year just for peace of mind! Take care!

Judy

Last edited by judybee61; 07-22-2008 at 09:35 AM.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:10 AM   #14
(female)

bethegk7 HB User

Hi all --

Sorry to have disappeared!! I have been at my parents and have to contend with lots of people wanting to use the computer. I have spent my days lakeside watching my daughter swim and play tennis. By the time I would get home I was exhausted. I am back at home briefly before heading out to Minnesota to visit my husband's family. Then, back to reality, August 6 I return to work! I am so worried that I will be exhausted. I have been sleeping 10 to 14 hours a night. I will have to go to bed at 8pm to get enough sleep! LOL!

I feel better good. I have a couple of sore spots. I think one must be where they lifted my ribcage and irritated the muscles there. The other is around my belly button...what they did down there is beyond me! I have some digestive issues but other than that I am doing well.

Kate, I am so glad surgery went well. It is a challenge but everyday will be better.

Nessie, I am so sorry you are so down and having such a time with your hubby. Hang in there.

Arlyn, how are you feeling???

Tiny, you sound like you are doing well aside from the issues with your daughter. I admire your ability to try and wrangle with her mental health issues.

Juliet, what happened with Pete?? Surgery is so stressful. Some colleagues of my husband came over the other night and this one woman was telling me how stressed my husband David was prior to surgery -- that was news to me! Men are so strange in how they handle things.

Katie, how are you?? You are such a stalwart for all the ladies here. Can't thank you enough for you help!!

Off to do laundry...I miss the days of being able to skip household chores!

Best,
Beth

Old 07-23-2008, 07:16 AM   #15
(female)

tinyt3 HB User

Beth,

Thanks I am trying to handle things. She is doing better off medication for the most part. We see the new dr this week on Thursday. We hope things will get better and they can make her stable at least for a few months. I still have digestive issues and still can't sleep on my side. My shoulders hurt terrible if I sleep too long. I also have started being real tired and can sleep day and night off and on. From what all the ladies say I guess being tired is normal. It is a comfort after each woman makes it okay out of surgery. This will be a time to pull together and keep posting for the new ones. My blues are better and right now I feel pretty good. thursday will be four weeks for me. The wedge pillow my husband bought me for the bed is awesome. Now I don't have to sleep in the recliner all the time. He bought me some beautiful roses yesterday. I wish I could post a picture. Steve has came a long way and I am proud of him. His support is needed. I pray for all you ladies who are struggling that your guys will get on board. Hugs to all!
TinyT

Closed Thread