It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2008, 09:19 AM   #1
(female)

bethegk7 HB User
Adenomas/FNHs/Hemangiomas (x11)

Wow, I actually started a thread!

Tiny, I had terrible shoulder pain whenever I had gas. Now I only get it occassionally. I hope that yours is related to gas.

Kate, just wait a couple more weeks and you will feel that much better. I kept focusing on next week I will feel better.

Kristin, I saw on another posting that you are having surgery on Sept. 2. Hang in there. Ask us any questions.

Beth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2008, 09:33 AM   #2
(female)

AMinNJ HB User
Re: Adenomas/FNHs/Hemangiomas (x11)

Hi everyone,

Yesterday, I saw the Interventional Radiologist at Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital in NY - he was awesome. He thinks based upon the location of my largest tumor (just 3 cm) a biopsy would be pretty straightforward, and we scheduled it for August 20th. I'm very nervous about the risks, however, and am having second thoughts.

Has anyone here ever had a complication from a liver biopsy (bleeding, infection, etc.)? From what I've read so far, most of you seem to feel that the anxiety about the procedure was worse than the procedure itself. I'm hoping that's true for me.

Sending out prayers and healing thoughts to all of you.

Angela

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2008, 11:50 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

kt8889 HB User

Hello my lovelies, Just want you all to know that my Dad passed away last night around 3 am. Me and my siblings were all there when it happened and it was a blessing. He is in a much better place then us right now, we have an angle.
Thank you for the prayers!
Hugs,
Katie

Old 08-08-2008, 01:56 PM   #4
(female)

tinyt3 HB User

Kate,

I am so sorry for your loss and wish I could be there to hug you and give you a shoulder to cry on. This is a lot to handle after surgery. He is in a better place and no more suffering. He will always be with you in your heart. Take care of yourself and glad all your siblings were there. I think all the ladies are here for you.
Hugs to you
TinyT

Old 08-08-2008, 01:59 PM   #5
(female)

tinyt3 HB User

Beth,

I think mine is nerve pain because it burns something terrible. Hope it will not last for too much longer. Sometimes when I bend over it feels like my ribs are going to come out my side. Is that normal for 6 weeks out? I wonder in a year how many ladies will join this board and when they will quit covering up the birth control issue. I hope someday it gets out. I tell as many people as I can. Hope you are doing great after 10weeks as it will give me something to look forward too. Take care and hugs to you.
TinyT

Old 08-08-2008, 05:04 PM   #6
(female)

AMinNJ HB User

Katie,

{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

So very sorry to hear about your Dad. I'm glad you and your siblings have each other to help you get through this.

Angela

Old 08-08-2008, 07:24 PM   #7
(female)

cailea HB User

Katie ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) I am so so sorry about your dad. I hope knowing he is at peace will bring you peace in time too.

My thoughts are with you.

xx

Old 08-09-2008, 12:44 AM   #8
(female)

LindaG40 HB User

Hugs to you Katie.

Linda

Old 08-09-2008, 01:49 AM   #9
(female)

RoseRed1125 HB User

Katie, I am new here but I wanted to tell you that I am very sorry for what you are going through and praying for your family.

Old 08-09-2008, 06:23 AM   #10
(female)

nessie1 HB User

katie

my heart goes out to you love, he is in a better place now , and i so wish i could be there with you. i know its been such a tough few months for you hun and i think the world of you even though we havent even met, but hopefully now your life will take a turn for the better. you know im always here for you babe. take care x x

as for pain - i have just ate a really greasy egg and bacon muffin and i feel so sick. my insides dont feel they are in the right place!! maybe its because i dont normally eat that kind of food -i dont know. maybe its all linked to this gall bladder stuff?? my scar fels really tight some days too??

take care all - im on yet another drinking sesion today!!! starting about 4pm!! i will have one for each of you special ladies!!!

love you allx x

Old 08-09-2008, 01:14 PM   #11
(female)

bethegk7 HB User

Katie, I am so sorry about your father. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

All my best,
Beth

Old 08-09-2008, 01:20 PM   #12
(female)

bethegk7 HB User

Angela, I had a biopsy done in the doctor's office without complications. I had three doctors recommend I have a biopsy. My surgeon felt it was important to know what we were dealing with before he went in.

Beth

Old 08-09-2008, 01:43 PM   #13
(female)

granolawife HB User

katie... my sympathies to you and your family... HUGS...

xx arlyn

Old 08-11-2008, 09:17 AM   #14
(female)

nessie1 HB User

hi katie

how you doing my love??
hope everyone else is ok ??

luv nesie

Old 08-11-2008, 06:02 PM   #15
(female)

neens7982 HB User

Thinking of you Katie!! You and your family are in my prayers!!
xox

Closed Thread