It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2008, 08:42 AM   #1
(female)

abeautifulash HB User
Low Density Area in Liver -- What does this mean??

I've been suffering awful digestive problems for over 2 years now... my complete story is listed in another thread on the Digestive section of this board. My main symptoms are nausea, pain in the upper right quadrant of my abdomen, and dizziness (though there are a whole host of others). Recently I underwent a live blood analysis, and they found lots and lots of undigested fats in my blood, pointing to something being wrong with the gallbladder. Then I had an ultrasound to check for gallstones, but they didn't find any. They did, however, find a 3cm low density area (or "spot") in my liver. (That's like over an inch big!) They want me to have an MRI. I have a follow-up appointment soon to discuss this further, but for now I'd really like to know what this means! Are "low density areas" common? Could it be a tumor or lesion? Could it be cancer? Could it cause my symptoms? What are treatments? Help!

Old 09-15-2008, 09:50 AM   #2
(female)

tinyt3 HB User
Re: Low Density Area in Liver -- What does this mean??

abeautifulash,

I to was having digestive problems and had my gall bladder checked only to find a lesion on my liver. After numerous scans including mri they determined it was an adenoma. This is not cancer but could turn to cancer or rupture so they did liver resection on June 26 of this year. I am doing well now. It was caused from birth control pills. It also could be fnh or hemangioma. The hemangioma is like a birth mark and only removed if very large and causing problems. The fnh I don't know much about. Cancer is rare in the liver as it usually starts somewhere else and spreads to the liver. You might want to go to a thread called fnh/hemangioma verses adenoma. It is on thread 12 but read the ones from the past and you will find a fantastic group of ladies who have experienced these conditions. There surgery experience or waiting experience. I could not have made it through without them. Please ask any questions you need. We are ladies who stick around to help with new people like you. Take care
TinyT

Last edited by tinyt3; 09-15-2008 at 09:51 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread