It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2008, 10:42 AM   #1
(female)

jeanette63 HB User
cirrohsis of the liver, How can I tell what stage of the disease I'm in?

cirrohsis of the liver, How can I tell what stage of the disease I'm in?

Old 09-20-2008, 11:05 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: cirrohsis of the liver, How can I tell what stage of the disease I'm in?

I am here to offer you some support as you confront cirrosis. I hope others who have gone through it themselves, will give you the definitive answers you are asking for.

I have a close friend who is currently facing the end stages of cirrosis, and that is my perspective. I have been encouraging him to seek treatment for years, but he wasn't having any of it. Finally, the situation got real bad real fast, ending up as an emergency. It's nothing I would ever wish on anyone. Bless your heart.

Simple blood and urine tests will get you started. Please don't wait. Seek the help of a doctor. I wish the best for you...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2008, 08:35 AM   #3
(female)

gcbpgh HB User

What does your doctor tell you.........I was diagnosed this past spring and I am in the early stages......then I went on line........how is your ammonia levels.....how are you feeling.........how are you eating.......are you on medicine of any kind..........I was not a drinker......my liver was destroyed from auto immune hepatitis so alcohol is not a problem but protein is so I had to give up protein because the liver can't process a lot of protein........so you should be eating lots of salad, vegetables and chicken fish etc.
also stay away from dairy.....no processed foods.......exercise even if its walking.....do breathing exercises, drink water......milk thistle is an herb that I take.......you can be proactive.....don't wait for someone to tell you what to do.......go on line.....call your doctor......ask what stage you are in.....sometimes they don't really know but you determine what you are going to do today to help your liver and see where that takes you.....that's how I handle it......I don't let anyone tell me to give up......and I am not......so take care of yourself and stay away from negative people........
gcb in pgh

Old 09-22-2008, 07:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

in order to really know just what actual 'stage' you are in really has more to do with your bloodwork and how the functions are with YOUR liver at this time. this info really needs to come from a good GI doc after a full liver work up. how are your labs? what is your current ammonia level? have you gotten to the portal hypertension stage yet? what does your liver actually "look like' upon ultrasound, CT or MRI? all of this just factors into what your particular stage is. and not everyone will fuly present with the exact same symptoms at the very same stage either. it all depends upon what the extent of damge is and where in the liver it is. any info you could offer would help us to help you soo much better. Marcia

Old 01-16-2010, 09:43 PM   #5
(female)

mizinzane HB User

Hello? my man was just diagnosed with cirrohsis and I am at my wits end as to how to help him! I looked up the internet and was shocked at what this drug a dr prescribed for him was for. The name of the prescription is inderal and it is supposed to be for thyroid problems! What is this? Why does the abdomen swell up why does his feet swell with fluids? Please help me out! I feel for all who are going through the pain of cirrohsis! I pray for everyone of you! May the Lord help us all!

Closed Thread