It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
(female)

cjntx50 HB User
Unhappy Abdoman Scar Tissue After Liver Surgery Anyone???

After having my hemangioma removed from my liver Sept. 4th I'm dealing with cable like scar tissue all along my incession. It's very thick like and is pressing against my right lung preventing me from taking a deep breath without dealing with a lot of pain. I cannot bend over at the sink to even brush my teeth for the scar tissue pressing so hard against my intestines. The pain is just horrible. My doctor told me it will go away in time, but jeez, how long is "TIME"???? Does it all go away? How long does it take? I know we are all individuals and heal as such, but if I can just get an idea on this. I want to be able to inhale for a breath of air without pain. It hurts so bad. Other than that and always being so tired, I'm okay....I think. Any help from those out there that have been there and done that sure would be appreciated. HUGS...cjntx50

Old 09-30-2008, 11:14 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

kt8889 HB User
Re: Abdoman Scar Tissue After Liver Surgery Anyone???

Hi CJ, I don't have the same issue, but just below my incision I am still numb after 6 months. I am hoping it will heal some day, but it is something I can live with. When was the last time you asked your doctor about it? You are only 4 weeks out hon, you are still going to have tired and down days. Hang in there, ask your doctor again and take it easy. If you do to much to soon, it will slow your healing.
Prayers going out for you! And hugs!
Katie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
(female)

cjntx50 HB User

Hi Katie! Thank you for the reply. Yeah, I know what you mean by the numb feeling. ME TOO! When I touch my abdomen below the incision, it's like touching someone else's tummy. Wierd, huh? I saw my doctor on Monday the 22nd. He took out my staples the same day. (well, actually the nurse did). My tumor was pressing up against the lower right lung preventing the lung from filling up with oxygen all the way. Now with the tumor removed, I thought I'd be able to breathe freely again. I'm hoping I don't have to face another surgery to have the scar tissue removed. UGH! Thanks for the advice...TAKE IT SLOW HUGS! CJ

Old 09-30-2008, 03:31 PM   #4
(female)

tinyt3 HB User

cj,
I am four months out and still have some inscision pain. I can take a deep breath but it took almost two months until that was not painful. I am still numb below my inscision also and maybe that is a blessing. At a month out from surgery you are still in the recovery mode pretty seriously. If it was pressing on your lung then it may hurt until your lung is used to inflating all the way. At three months I felt close to normal. At four months I feel somewhat like myself but still feel it will take a year to really heal. It does get better each week. Hang in there and know we are all thinking of you.
TinyT3

Old 09-30-2008, 07:39 PM   #5
(female)

neens7982 HB User

CJ,

It definitely takes awhile to feel better.....two more months are you'll feel almost like yourself. Just one day at a time.

I am nearly 10 months out and I still have numbness right above my belly button. I massaged my incision once it was healed with Vitamin E pretty religiously. I have to say it looks great! But, it will take time...I think it took me awhile to finally be able to stand straight.

Hang in there! Your bad days will get fewer and farther between!

Old 09-30-2008, 09:38 PM   #6
(female)

tinyt3 HB User

Neens,

Is vitamin E oil the only thing you used? I was wondering about some of the creams they advertise on tv. I had a much larger inscision due to the location of my tumor and I really had the look of it. Don't get me wrong I am thankful to be alive and my husband loves me scar and all. It is just a little bothersome to me. Any suggestions you have would be appreciated.
TinyT3

Old 08-10-2009, 03:44 PM   #7
(female)

LagunaNiguel HB User

tinyt3,
I am not clear --is the rope like scar on your abdomen or internally? If on abdomen it can take years to go flat. I had a cyst at age21 and it literally took 25 years for the scar to go flat and blend in --bikini cut. This liver scar --much better -no heavy rope cord on it --has a clear tape on it that disintegrates after 4-6 weeks. Really quite amazing. I do want to try some of this new scar healers they advertise. Have also heard fresh aloe vera straight from the plant heals scars. Need to get some.

Closed Thread