It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2008, 01:29 PM   #1
(female)

cjntx50 HB User
Exclamation Problems after hemangioma removed on Sept 4th :(

For those who are new and don't know anything about my surgery, let me give you a brife update of everything. I had a hemangioma removed on Sept. 4th 2008 in Dallas, TX. The tumor was in back of the dome part of the liver pressing against the right lung. The right lung could not inflate all the way due to the tumor pressing against the lung. The tumor was the size of a baseball. I had a softball size removed from the liver. My surgeon did not give me any cm or percentage as in size that was removed. Only said, "I removed a softball sized of your liver because the tumor was a baseball size." I had the central IV line in the neck, drain tube in the belly, 12 inch incision with 25 staples, in ICU for 2 full days, went to regular room on the 3rd day, stayed there for 8 more days, did not need blood. Hmm, guess that's the rough of it. My drainage tube did not work at all. All the drainage from my surgery drained into my abdomen. I swelled up and was in a lot of pain. My doctor wasn't too worried. Said that my body would absorbed it all. Well, here it is two months later and my body has NOT yet absorbed all of the drainage. I had a CT done recently and it shows no leakage from bile. Only blood and fluid in the surgery area that was done. A LOT of fluid!!! I'm in a lot of pain and cannot yet pull up my pants around my waste line. It hurts so much to try and take a deep breath. Still so swollen! Saw my surgeon yesterday and he is not worried. But I'm misserable. He doesn't want to remove the fluid due to being too concern of an infection setting in. AAHHH! I can't deal with this. Has anyone experience this? Can I get any kind of like poison from this stuff setting inside of me for so long? I'm tired of tasting metalic in my mouth. My doctor is so short with me. Runs in and tells me how great I look and then runs out before anything. If I can just get the fluid gunk out, I'd feel so much better. I just want to take a deep breath and not feel such pain! Got the tumor out and was looking forward to feeling better. BUT it's not happening!

Last edited by cjntx50; 11-02-2008 at 07:18 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2008, 09:17 PM   #2
(female)

ginger73 HB User
Re: Problems after hemangioma removed on Sept 4th :(

Hi I have not had my surgery yet it's on wed 11/5. I would tell your doc that he has to control your pain better. I known that blood and other fluid your body does reabsorbs. An other surgeon or doc is most likely not going to want to do any thing different because they don't like to step on each other toes. Remember that you are paying his salary and you demand better care.
Hope you hang in there. : ) you will get better.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:27 AM   #3
(female)

kathryn38 HB User

Hi,
I wish you were not so miserable. What makes you feel better? How do you handle sleeping at night due to rolling around?
How did they remove your hemangioma-what was the technique?
Kathryn

Old 11-02-2008, 07:34 AM   #4
(female)

cjntx50 HB User

Hi Kathryn, thank you for your reply. For my incision the surgeon cut me from the left side under my rib cage about two inches down from the center of my mid section (uner heart area) and over to the left 2 inches...that's my starting point...then it goes like a "S" shape all the say down to my right hip bone..staying under my rib cage all the way. He had to pull my liver out to get to the tumor because the tumor was behind the liver. I sleep on my left side and a little bit on my back. Hard??? OH, yeah! I think my head is starting to take on this wierd shape from laying on the left side so much...hahaha. Take care cj

Old 11-02-2008, 07:40 AM   #5
(female)

cjntx50 HB User

HI Ginger! You will find a lot of support on this site! A LOT! I sure will be thinking about you on your big day. If I can answer any questions you may have, let me know! I'm here for you. There are so many other post to read and learn from. You can gain so much information from as well. Meet new friends and get a lot of questions answered. Where is your tumor located? Is your tumor located in the front or back? Do you know how big the tumor is? Hang in there, Ginger! HUGS.. cj

Old 11-03-2008, 12:28 AM   #6
(female)

kathryn38 HB User

Hi CJ!
It sounds like we could play chutes and ladders on your scar! My stomach already looks like a topographical map, and I guess I'll be adding another river onto it!

I hope you are feeling better today, and your pain is under control. Are you going to go for a second opinion regarding your follow up? It is just so frustrating that your dr. is so short with you.

kathryn

Last edited by kathryn38; 11-03-2008 at 01:13 AM.

Closed Thread