It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2009, 06:09 AM   #1
(male)

tracker6uk HB User
Blood test result abnormalities

Hi,
I've recently had some blood work done which came back with some abnormalities.
Before I go through them can I add that it was almost 6 days between the sample being taken & then tested.

Abnormalitites are as follows

HAEMATOLOGY
Haemoglobin 17.1
HCT 0.530
MCV 103.9
PLATELET COUNT 120
Lymphocytes 1.45 (30.4%)

BIOCHEMISTRY
CREATININE 117
ASPARTATE TRANSFERASE 51
ALANINE TRANSFERASE 71
GAMMA GT 79
ALBUMIN 52
URIC ACID 261
FASTING CHOLESTEROL 5.7
HDL CHOLESTEROL 2.0
LDL CHOLESTEROL 3.3

I'm 38 year old male.
The week leading up to the sample being taken was Christmas week so I had drank quite a lot of alcohol but none the day or evening before.

Could anyone advise me as to what these results mean & whether there is anything to worry about. And also whether the delay in testing could have had any bearing on the specific abnormalities mentioned.

Thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2009, 02:47 PM   #2
(male)

SNOOKERED HB User
Re: Blood test result abnormalities

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker6uk View Post
Hi,
I've recently had some blood work done which came back with some abnormalities.
Before I go through them can I add that it was almost 6 days between the sample being taken & then tested.

Abnormalitites are as follows

HAEMATOLOGY
Haemoglobin 17.1
HCT 0.530
MCV 103.9
PLATELET COUNT 120
Lymphocytes 1.45 (30.4%)

BIOCHEMISTRY
CREATININE 117
ASPARTATE TRANSFERASE 51
ALANINE TRANSFERASE 71
GAMMA GT 79
ALBUMIN 52
URIC ACID 261
FASTING CHOLESTEROL 5.7
HDL CHOLESTEROL 2.0
LDL CHOLESTEROL 3.3

I'm 38 year old male.
The week leading up to the sample being taken was Christmas week so I had drank quite a lot of alcohol but none the day or evening before.

Could anyone advise me as to what these results mean & whether there is anything to worry about. And also whether the delay in testing could have had any bearing on the specific abnormalities mentioned.

Thanks in advance
Please remember that lab tests are a snapshot of your system at that particular time. A dx cannot be given on the result of one test. It can be a base line for future testing and give guidance to the physician on areas to test.
As for your results. Your ast and alt are minimally high and could be considered normal. Your platelets are also minimally low. The remainder of your tests can't be determined without the range. Difference medical labs use dissimilar ranges.
However, [url]www.labtestsonline.com[/url] can explain better the value and meaning of all your results.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread