It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2001, 10:49 PM   #1

Location: Tallahassee, Florida (Crawfordville); United States
Queeniebean HB User
Question Pain with liver problems

Hi all. I was wondering if liver problems cause pain in the region of the mid to lower back? I have been having problems with back pain and need to know if anyone here has had similar problems with pain and liver problems. The pain is stabbing and acute..hurts like hell!! Any help would be very much appreciated! Also, if someone could tell me what types of ailments besides an injured back would cause pain like this, i.e., kidney stones, bladder problems, etc. etc...thanks!

------------------
The Queen of Life

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2001, 07:46 AM   #2

chris dobbs HB User
don't know if your are the same symptoms,i,ve just recovered from glandular fever,due to my liver being inflamed I suffered with chronic pain around the area of my waist,around my sides and small of my back,apart from the pain it also felt kind of numb too,the doctor prescribed some strong pain killers which relieved the pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2001, 09:12 PM   #3

Christine VR HB User
Cool

Hi there, I had severe pain in my back on the left side for a little while. We figured that it was a kidney infection and my doctor put me on a medication called cipro for 7 days. It has since gone away. I would check with your doctor but mine said at first that it could be a kidney infection or an UTI. both have the same pains. Do you have problems urinating? That could be a sign of a UTI. I didn't have any pains but the one in my back and it just kept getting worse till I saw my doc. Good luck.

Old 09-12-2001, 06:02 PM   #4

cindy48d48 HB User
did you find out what it was i have lower and front pain and pain in thigh bad test on enzines hope we find out what it is good luck

Old 10-02-2001, 05:40 PM   #5

Location: Tallahassee, Florida (Crawfordville); United States
Queeniebean HB User
Question

Hi Cindy and all:

Thanks for your replies. No, I never found out what it was. The pain went away and I just assumed that I had strained my back somehow...maybe lifting something too heavy. But now, my LOW back has been giving me trouble for about a month, and I am currently seeing my DR for that. Will keep you posted on what the diagnoses is. Thanks again!

------------------
The Queen of Life

Closed Thread