It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2002, 11:42 AM   #1

jem HB User
Question High Liver Counts and fever

Have been to the doctor several times and still no answer, can someone please give me some advice.

I have had a fever (up to 103.3) for the last 19 days, usually starts when I stop taking Ibuprofen.

The liver count last week was 47 and this week is 75. I have not have anything to drink (alcohol) for a month and only water in the last 2 weeks.

Hepatitus and Mono tests came back negative, but I feel I'm getting worse and my right side is starting to hurt right below my rib cage.

Old 02-16-2002, 07:27 AM   #2
Super Sarah

Talking

Hi Jem,

Hopefully you have found the source of your problem by now and are feeling much better?

If not, then even though your tests came back negative for mono and Hepatitis, I think you still have some infection present. If you are having fever and upper belly pain on the right under your rib cage, which is where your liver is, then you have an infection somewhere. If blood work does not show up what is going on, then your doc may suggest a liver biopsy.

Good luck.

Sarah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2002, 10:53 PM   #3
(female)

Sister HB UserSister HB User
Talking

Hi jem: I think taking a lot of ibuprophen may be harmful for your liver and kidneys. I could swear that I've had kidney infections from taking ibuprophen too often. That was a long time ago, but no-one can talk me out of my instinct that it was the ibuprophen. Maybe you should just bare the pain and not take any drugs and keep drinking a lot of water. And, of course, keep bothering your doctor until he helps you get well. Good luck!

Old 03-04-2002, 08:57 PM   #4
thneedle

Hi,
I don't know much about livers (yet), but it seems to me that perhaps the ibuprophen is only covering up a larger problem of pain in your side - not that you have liver pain b/c of ibuprophen withdrawal. No NASAIDs are good for you liver though in high doses though and particularly not in combo with alcohol (even though you said you're not currently drinking).

Additionally, if _I_ had a fever and such great pain and my doctor didn't seem to be acting on it in some way, I'd see another doctor - at least for a second opinion!

Good luck-

Closed Thread