It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2003, 01:05 PM   #1

Mantus HB User
Post sharp pain on right side

I've been getting this very sharp pain directly on my right side even with my belly button.I started getting it a few months ago.It doesn't come alot(maybe 4 days in those few months)but it is VERY sharp and comes and goes very quik.My wife is a nurse and she said it's probably nothing,but the lower part of the liver is in that area.The reason she says it's nothing is because i never get sick and the few times i got blood work(on my own,last time few months before pain)it was fine.It's not bothering me that much,as far as the pain,but it just bothers me that it's there.I've never had pain in that area before.I've had weaker pains in stomach and chest but just indigestion.I've been pretty active my whole life,as far as going to the gym,but i did stop the gym 1 year ago.I went for 1 month a few months ago,but i haven't been into lifting much in that 1 year.I'm more into my work now,but i still love bodybuilding,since i've been into it since i was 13 years old.I didn't train with weights much while in the Corp for 4 years,but i was in great shape.My stomach is not very fat,but i have to admitt,that is is the biggest it's ever been,and i have been eating more sugar in the past 6 months.I usually keep away from red meat at times and i never ate much sugar at all before this.I don't eat BK or mcDonalds,but i have been eating kind of bad latly.I had a few bad pains this morning about 30min after my disgusting breakfast.lol Bacon,taylor ham,and alot of butter on toast.I'm wondering,if my body has become so used to not eating that stuff,and now it can't handle it.It's just a phase i'm going through mainly because i can't find a good gym to join and i'm too lazy to workout at home.I am setting up my workout and diet plan for when i get back from my honeymoon,but i am just curious what this pain is. THANKS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2003, 09:13 AM   #2

TDHZ28 HB User
Have you or your wife considered gall bladder problems? I got the idea as you described the fatty breakfast you described. When the gallbladder has problems it cant process fat as well and will produce the symptons you described. When my GB pain started it was in the belly button area and moved up to liver area. The pain also came and went as you said. You may wanna find a GI doc who may send you for an ultra sound first, then maybe a hida scan, thi hida scan is the better test for GB, they will have you lie on a table and inject a fatty substance and watch on xray how quickly your GB dumps it into your small intestine. They found mine was only functioning at 16%. So I had it removed. Good luck and let us know what they find. THERESA

------------------
pain from cervical radiculopathy, spondy, permanent nerve damage, c5/6 buldging dics, DDD,nerve root lesions, anxiety.depression from chronic pain or vice versa. current meds,oxycontin 2 40's twice a day, oxyir for B/T, xanax, paxil, estratest, synthroid, phenergran.
pain from cervical radiculopathy, spondy, permanent nerve damage, c5/6 buldging dics, DDD,nerve root lesions, anxiety.depression from chronic pain or vice versa. current meds,oxycontin 2 40's twice a day, oxyir for B/T, xanax, paxil, estratest, synthroid, phenergran.

Old 07-20-2003, 12:00 PM   #3

pju HB User
I have the exact same symtoms, but I have had my gall bladder out. I am a female. When I urinate the pains get worse. I am not sick, I have no chills or fever but I do think I might have some type of kidney infection. Sometimes it hurts to urinate but as soon as I do, the pain goes away. If I drink lots of water it is better, but it is never completly gone, it always comes back. These sharp pains I am having have been going on for a week. They are not constant but they are worrying me. It is a sharp pain and it hurts while it is going on, but then it stops.

Old 07-20-2003, 01:33 PM   #4

klayr HB User
Hey PJU, have you posted on the kidney board? It sounds as if you have symptoms of stones. Have you ever had one? My husband did. The pain started quite a while before he passed it. Good luck. If you haven't jumped over there, you might want to check it out.

Closed Thread