It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2003, 05:41 AM   #1
(female)

BS5689 HB User
Post Looking for dandeteau???

Hi, I just read your topic you posted in the Liver Cancer Message. I saw that your father had died of liver cancer, and I am very sorry to hear that. I am going through the same right now. My Step-father has been diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver a few weeks ago. He had swelling of the stomach with all this fluid inside of him, and they drained it out, but it keeps swelling up and leaking. Anyways, they did CT's and other tests and found 3 tumours on his liver. They are going to do a biopsy on the 3 tumours but cant right now, due to his blood not being able to clot, so they have to do something to make sure his blod clots before they can do the biopsy. I am overseas right now, so i cant be there to be with him and see what he is like. I am going in 4 or 5 weeks time. But my mom said he is looking skeleton like, expect his stomach from all the bloating. He has the yellow skin, and he's loss of appetite, and he sleeps all day, she says. I know he hasnt been diagnosed with the cancer yet, but my mom has a bad feeling about everything, and all we can do is pray and hope his tests come back normal. He is only 54 years old, and i've done research on liver cancer and have read that if you do have cirrhosis of the liver, it speeds the cancer up and makes it worse. I was wondering how long your dad lived after he was diagnosed with the cancer. Did he have Chemo therapy or anything? It's a very scary feeling not knowing what is going on, and all i can do is think of the worst, and i know its not good to do that, but I am praying, and hoping he will be okay, but any information you have about your dad, and his story, I would appreciate! Thank you for your time, and hopefully will get to read this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2007, 08:18 AM   #2
(male)

dandeteau HB User
Re: Looking for dandeteau???

Well, I am a few years late in repsonding to your add. I saw your other posts and noticed that your step dad passed not long after your post. Basically everything your dad went through was identical to my own father. The day we found out about my dad they told us he had lots of time left. Well he had about 3 months left from the time we realized something was wrong. And when we had the offical diagnosis of cirrhosis with cancer he had about 2-3 weeks left. Very rough times back then. I did take time away from this board so I didn't get to see your postings and sorry I missed them and was unable to tell you about what my own father went through back then.

I am just glad he did not suffer for too too long. He was slowing down for a few months before he got really sick, but he didn't suffer for years like some people with liver disease can.

Hope all is well..

Dan

Closed Thread